Custom Chip For PS3 JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
apextwin146 said:
Hermes V4 is required for the MOH! Now how do the people from the earlier go update this darn thing :p

@Dhruv: Can't we update the JB chip from the first GO? I did upgrade the chip with a new hex from psx-scene. Now there is a new hex for hermes V4 on the same thread at psx-scene. Can we upload this hex to our chips or will the chip be rendered useless if we do so?

Yes , all chips can be upgraded. And the 2nd batch chips are also the same ones...

And the surprise was that stuff might be a bit cheaper and faster to send out IF i start making these on my own...

I can definitely make it on my own , in fact i made one 2 days back BUT i'm still trying to contact component manufacturers for the parts... help me out if u have contacts. An atmel dealer has an office in Nehru Place , might go down and talk to them about it soon...

Get the components (or the chips) shipped from Digikey US - should work out cheaper when ordered in bulk. :p

apextwin146 said:
Hermes V4 is required for the MOH! Now how do the people from the earlier go update this darn thing :p
Me and Dhruv are planning to have a go at it tonight. I already have the necessary Hermes V4b files and the AMTEL software to flash the chip. Now all we need is a 3.42 game. I'm not to keen on testing MOH, but might go for EA's MMA.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Me and Dhruv are planning to have a go at it tonight. I already have the necessary Hermes V4b files and the AMTEL software to flash the chip. Now all we need is a 3.42 game. I'm not to keen on testing MOH, but might go for EA's MMA.
Awesome! Keep us posted. Would you be patching the Eboot too?

I think we just need to rename the PARAM.SFO from 3.42000 to 3.41000. Use Gaia RC9 manager with Hermes V4b and a few other tweaks. Let's see how it goes.

Just give us till tomorrow max. We'll settle on a game and might video the entire procedure of patching the games. Will keep y'all in the loop..

oh n before someone asks again. Chips've been shipped, NO , i dont have the tracking yet.

PS : ATMEL's distributor has an office in Nehru Place ! :D Now i need 8MHz crystals , resistance and smd supplies. And yeah , gotta trace the PCBs too...

Anyone know where this sort of stuff is easily available ? The shop where i used to source my parts has shut down :(

And i dont wanna do a shoddy job like that guy who made the pic based chip. No offence but it looked like it could fall apart anytime. Mine will be as compact as this one hopefully.

OK! Got my chip flashed to Hermes V4b. Thanks for you help Dhruv. I thought I had botched the hex loading the first time round. Now will try the game part tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back