Custom Chip For PS3 JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Thanks mate but before updating is 3.15 compiled for the chip, also i have to download all three of them or just the last one in 3.41 list.

Alright guys, the chip works great. Played RDR for 1.5 hrs and everything works flawless including skipping movies. Setting up FTP is a breeze too.

But a small problem have cropped up. Every time i do something in the PS3 (like opening a game or Openmanager) the installed files like "GOW 3 Demo,Openmanager" gets corrupted, meaning cant use/play them. On reinstall they work ok again if i do something they again get corrupted. Anyone facing the issue?

FTP Guide (heres what i did...exactly)

1. Install blackb0x FTP in PS3

2. Run blackb0x FTP, now you should see the IP address of your PS3 in the blackbox screen.

3. In you PC, open "SmartFTP" or "CuteFTP", Filezilla didnt work for me.

4. In the address column enter your PS3's IP.

5. Leave the Username/Password blank.

6. Enter "21" in the Port box.

7. Click "Connect/Quickconnect"

8. If u've done everything right u would see some directories from the PS3 pop up in ur FTP client.

9. Select dev_hdd0 >>game>>OMAN45678>>GAMEZ

10. Select the files u want to upload and upload it to the aforementioned directory.

11. Now open "Open Manager" in the PS3, u should see the game which u transferred.

12. Press "X" in us DS3 and let the game install.

13. Now come back to the XMB and Voila u have your game to play.

Got the Chip from Klick Finally. Its a miracle that this tiny thing survived in the CD Mailer :p but i guess there wasnt any other container/packaging he could have used since this is very small.
Anyways did the JB yest.
Installed Blackb0x,Backup Manager.
Setup the Wired connection to my PS3.

Problem 1
1)The only fck up is that i am not able to Rip the Games. I inserted the GOW3 disc in my PS3.
2)Went to the Backup Manager and selected the Option to install./copy/rip the game
Now its been 9 Hrs since then and its just 14% Complete. I read on the Net that it takes 90 min to backup a game specifically GOW3. So what am i doing wrong? Are there any settings for the Backup manager that i am missing. Howcome these guys ripped GOW3 in 90 mins flat :S ...
Now i am getting FWRITE.FAIL as the name of file being Ripped but the ripping keeps on progressing(as in the percentage is increasing)
Also the game was being ripped to dev_usb0 and not dev_hdd0

Problem 2
In which Directory do we have to store the GAme in PS3.
The Path is same till " dev_hdd0 >>game" but after that everyone makes their own Folder or what?
Or is it that the folders are diferent for Backup Manager and Open Manager

Can someone link me to a valid OpenManager Download Link. Also is it safe to install the OpenManager once Backup Manager is installed

devv_hdd0 >> game >> LAUN12345 or OMAN45678 (depending on what you chose while installing Open Manager ) >> GAMEZ >> place the game folder here

Also , which manager are you using ? I have ripped only one game till now and that was using the original Backup Manager and that worked perfectly. Try using different versions. Don't overwrite any though as you will lose the currently saved games !

90min probably for uncharted 1 or 2 or some other game GOW3 is 40gb it will take time and make sure there is enough disk space for it to rip

hey currently i was playing sme game and the ps3 asked to me to update some 3.5version how to prevent doing that

dhruvrock2000 said:
devv_hdd0 >> game >> LAUN12345 or OMAN45678 (depending on what you chose while installing Open Manager ) >> GAMEZ >> place the game folder here

Also , which manager are you using ? I have ripped only one game till now and that was using the original Backup Manager and that worked perfectly. Try using different versions. Don't overwrite any though as you will lose the currently saved games !
can you link me to the Latest Files for the Open Manager and Backup Manager?
I was using the Original Backupmanager too for Ripping GOW3.
I uninstalled and reinstalled Backup manager but didnt get what you mean by current saved games will be deleted? The Ripped Games or my Save points of the games that i have played?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

krashnburn said:
90min probably for uncharted 1 or 2 or some other game GOW3 is 40gb it will take time and make sure there is enough disk space for it to rip
200gb Free in my PS3 :p so i am sure its not a space related concern.

@apextwin146 you are facing issues as the game is having individual files > 4GB in size. Only FAT32 external hard disks are supported which can not store files > 4GB in size. GOW III has files of size > 4GB, hence the error in fwrite. Try switching to internal hard disk and it should copy the thing in 90 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back