Custom Chip For PS3 JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am headed out to watch the boxing match in a bit :p I'll put up a tut , files later tonight. I think , the leds might also get sorted out.

i recd the chip, will be testing it in the evening & need some help as to how to proceed. can you guys pm me your gtalk / msn or sky ids or post them here.

sarang said:
@apextwin146 you are facing issues as the game is having individual files > 4GB in size. Only FAT32 external hard disks are supported which can not store files > 4GB in size. GOW III has files of size > 4GB, hence the error in fwrite. Try switching to internal hard disk and it should copy the thing in 90 mins.
I havent connected any External Drives to the PS3. But could it be that the its giving a Error writing >4gb to the internal HDD itself? That wouldnt make sense because it can install the game perfectly and i doubt that there are any settings for Bckup/Open Manager.

Holy tutorila time BATMAN!!!

this will solve some of your problems.

1) What is the latest HEX??

Here is the Hermes_V3 for this device ISO-8859-1__Hermes_v3_ps2chiper.rar .

---Get FLIP from HERE and flash the device yourself.
---Need help ..follow THIS guide

2) The LED's dont work ?
Well they have been soldered the wrong way :S.
Desolder them and reorient them 180 degrees, resolder and you are good to go. After that its from RED to GREEN when the jailbreak works...
Not adventerous enough...then just learn to live without the LEDs...
{I bet some of you didn't even know they existed on the board in the first place ;), till very recently i didn't :ashamed:}

3) Can i use eternal HDDs to play games
Yes ..load times are a little longer just
a) Create directory “Gamez†in your external hard disk
b) Copy the extracted content from the releases to this DIR
c) Have fun!

4) Files greater than 4Gigs causing problems on external HDDs ....
Some games have content split in files larger than 4gigs since external HDDs recognised by PS3 are to be formatted Fat32 consequently it becomes
a limitation of the FAT32 file system and not the ps3 itself (FAT32 will not recognise files greater than 4Gigs).
Use this tutorial to setup a FTP with your PS3.
all credit to the original sources :)

can anyone say how to get a backup copy of the HDD??

Put the disc in.. and in the open manager, select rip ??

started mgs4 copy to hdd...

28 mins and 9.35 GB done... good??

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

crap its stuck...

the time is 49 mns... but vols is still 9.35 GB... :S

stormblast said:
doesnt seem to be working for me, dunno if i am doing it wrong or the chip is faulty
ITS working now. had to remove lan n optical wires, weird. thanks to klick for helping me out. going to try hermes v3 now

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

hermes v3 & openmanager 1.16 done. transferring f1 via blackbox (forgot external in office), lets hope everything works fine :)

what transfer speeds are yall getting. am getting 7mb on gigabit lan.

can anyone tell me abt the backup questions i asked..

mgs4 was stuck on 9.35 for 30 mts.. no change.. :S

dhruvrock2000 said:
Hey.... sorry i was out. Anyways , i get about 11mbps over WLAN

Ethan_Hunt said:
I get around 11-15MBps on a wired line.
then i guess my speeds are fine. i was mentioning my speeds in mb & not MBps. i guess i am getting around 40MBps

btw i tried some games. using hermes v3 & om1.16.

f1 stuck at loading screen. cricket 2010 gave blank screen. (has anyone got these 2 to work)

pes 2011 worked, fifa11 worked, racketsports worked, dead rising2 worked, smackdown 2010 worked.

gonna try these today

sports champion, top spin 3, kung fu ryder, ufc 09, castlevania lord of shadows.

stormblast said:
then i guess my speeds are fine. i was mentioning my speeds in mb & not MBps. i guess i am getting around 40MBps

You can check the MBps part in the file transfer application itself. Are you sure it's 40MBps? The max I have seen people hitting on a Gigabit LAN is 23-38MBps and this is using a wired connection which is relatively more stable compared to wireless.

Anyhoo, Castlevania is confirmed to be working on 3.41 firmware. However, reports are coming in that the new Medal of Honor title will be needing a mandatory 3.42 update to work. So let's see if there is any workaround for it.

Installed Pretty Manager. Things are so much better now with a Good GUI! It rips games properly, tells you th size properly etc. It even supports Direct Boot !
Bty can anyone list out good PS3 Exclusive Titles apart from
UC 1 & 2, Infamous,Resistance,Killzone,Gow series.

Bty is anyone able to play Heavy Rain? The game needs to pre patched hence the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back