Custom Chip For PS3 JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ethan_Hunt said:
Simply put, it allows you to load Homebrew apps and back up and run your games from your HDD. It's not compatible with all the PS3 games, but all the major exclusives are working and tons of other mutiplatform titles too. You'll need a development/programmable board which allows a hex to be flashed onto it and then Jailbreak your console. Then load Open Manager software onto your console and start backing up your existing games. I'm not sure who retails these in India, but check with Dhruv and see if he can organise one. I think L33T Wizard had also got a different model, so you can check with him for the source. Amount would vary depending on the device being used.

Thanks a lot for the explanation.

but what if you want to play 3.41 up firmware games after the jailbreak is done.

i think most of the PSmove games are 3.41+

Quad Master said:
but what if you want to play 3.41 up firmware games after the jailbreak is done.

You mean games which require 3.50 fw? Seems like something is in the works already as we speak. More details would emerge in a short while. :)

Until then, why don't you play the rest of the titles rather than worrying? There are a lot of titles to keep you occupied for the next 2 quarters. :p

I think someone can take the initiative for the next lot - there seems to be quite a number now. Dhruv can help with the pre-requisites like how to go about with the collection of funds, payment, dispatch of the chips et al. :p

Put up the tutorial for flashing the hex. code on the chip. It is very simple. Just ensure that the guy who's sending you the chips have it tested at his end. :)

PS: I wish I can do this but I barely have the time to execute the GO.

dinjo said:
@dhruv

Have you shipped mine ?
Just got home. Will go and send it now.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Desecrator said:
I think someone can take the initiative for the next lot - there seems to be quite a number now. Dhruv can help with the pre-requisites like how to go about with the collection of funds, payment, dispatch of the chips et al. :p

Put up the tutorial for flashing the hex. code on the chip. It is very simple. Just ensure that the guy who's sending you the chips have it tested at his end. :)

PS: I wish I can do this but I barely have the time to execute the GO.

Actually no... there are only 2-3 people interested. I hooked up dinjo with a piece so... it is not viable to get this piece when you're gonna have to pay a crap load of money on shipping. This is one of the reasons i am not interested.

Get me atleast 10 orders and i'll organize it again.

Quad Master said:
Thanks a lot for the explanation.

Well it depends. If the game demands 3.42, then you can just edit the PARAM.SFO file in the game's directory to stop the game from asking for the 3.42 update. If it's 3.50, then some people have got a few games like James Bond: Blood Stone (US 3.50FW) and COD: Black Ops working, by either swaping the EBOOT.BIN files and/or a few other manual tweaks. I haven't really tested the 3.50 based titles, as they are either shitty MOVE based exclusives or multi-platform titles. There is no one-click-away solution to 3.50 based games right now. But in due time, it might. If people can re-enable PSN access on 3.41 right now, then who is to say they can't get the 3.50+ based games to run too?

Quad Master said:
So we can even connect to PSN with the jailbroken 3.41
Momentarily, YES. But it won't be long before Sony sniffs it up and throws the ban hammer on the defaulters. So JB+Online = not a good idea.

dhruv my chip still not working flashed the hex provided in the previous posts

it just stays on the red light when i boot the console

tried removing every thing else only the chip connected

i m already using my ipod video 30 gb for jailbreak & thats working fine but still no sucess with the chip

can u help me sort this out

a1cellsolution said:
dhruv my chip still not working flashed the hex provided in the previous posts

it just stays on the red light when i boot the console

tried removing every thing else only the chip connected

i m already using my ipod video 30 gb for jailbreak & thats working fine but still no sucess with the chip

can u help me sort this out
OK since the ipod JB worked I am assuming your PS3 has a 3.41 f/w. Else download 3.41 from here - verified it myself yesterday.

Next up I am asuming you flashed the hex code on the chip properly. i.e until the flashing utility says it's done with a smiley towards the end. Once it's done, take out the chip from the PC and ensure that you are pressing the buttons in the right sequence after plugging the chip on the PS3. What PS3 do you have - the newer slim or the phat? If it's the phat, switch off the button at the back, plug the chip on the USB port, and power the main switch on. Then after pressing the touch-sensitive power button, immediately press the eject prompting the disc to come out. The chip's red LED would flash for sometime and then turn to green LED permanently indicating a successful JB.

Oh and Dhruv, I was playing Enslaved from the internal drive until now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back