Custom duty related queries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
Once purchase, please send us the tracking number and the value of each phone in each box and the supplier's name and address.
Regards
rdst_1 said:
I might have a few phones coming from the US which haven't been purchased but rather traded and so there is no invoice regarding the value of the products. How will the customs be charged in a scenario like this when no proof of purchase can be shown.
I won't mind paying a little higher amount as customs duty( not astronomically higher).
Please advise.

Sent from a Galaxy in the S2 system

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

HI,
Please advise the value of the same. As the link does not show the value.
sumatrix said:
Hi would like to know the landing cost to bangalore for the below mentioned product.

Amazon.com: U.S. Polo Assn. Men's US8170 Analog-Digital Black Dial Gun Metal Bracelet Watch: Watches

Hello!
If we go according to the list price the duty will be approx 2100 INR for a 120 USD Product. tried adding to the cart, but couldnt go through. can you please advise the actual price.The shipping charges would be10 USd for the 1st 500 gs and 8 USd for every additional 500 gms+10.3 % service tax
blade_the_first said:
Amazon.com: LG BD630 Network Blu-ray Disc Player: Electronics

You have to add it to the cart to see the price..

My uncle wants to send something to me from US.

Can he courier it your NY address?

And also the value is around $170, and it is a gift. So will that be a problem and will I still be charged custom duty?

Wait, there are 2 items. Though each below Rs 10000. Would it be possible to mark both as gifts and put the courier in, one delivered to me and one to my brother in the same house? I only want to do this to avoid custom duty.

^ NO. Aramex is a registered freight carrier, and they CANNOT carry bonafide gifts. If you want to avoid duty, your best option is to get it shipped directly from the US, it will take time but you won't be charged duty as then the GIFT criteria will hold good

Hello
We shall chewck if there is a duty concession on this. Not sure,. Can you please email this link to us at india@shopandhsip.com. Thanks
agantuk said:
What would be the customs on a blood pressure monitor? Are they treated as electronics or medicine?

Link: Amazon.com: Omron BP791IT 10+ Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor, Black/white, Large: Health & Personal Care

hI,
Can you please let me know the contents?
mjumrani said:
My uncle wants to send something to me from US.
Can he courier it your NY address?
And also the value is around $170, and it is a gift. So will that be a problem and will I still be charged custom duty?

Wait, there are 2 items. Though each below Rs 10000. Would it be possible to mark both as gifts and put the courier in, one delivered to me and one to my brother in the same house? I only want to do this to avoid custom duty.

I have a similar query as mjumrani's query. My friend is gifting me a used laptop which has some parts I can salvage. It has no LCD as he has broken it. No HDD, RAM either. Plus a seperate CPU.

The duty on both is 26.8% on the customs assessed value.
mjumrani said:
One is a telescope and one is watch.

The duty on computer parts is 14.8% on the customs assessed value
vivek.krishnan said:
I have a similar query as mjumrani's query. My friend is gifting me a used laptop which has some parts I can salvage. It has no LCD as he has broken it. No HDD, RAM either. Plus a seperate CPU.

shopnshipindia said:
The duty on both is 26.8% on the customs assessed value.

The duty on computer parts is 14.8% on the customs assessed value

Jeez. I'd tell him to send through someone instead of shipping.
Thanks for the info though.

how much duty one has to pay on a second hand laptop purchased from ebay.com? do they charge duty on the price it is purchased for on ebay or its actual value in india?

Hi the duty will be approx 2100 INR

hi it is 15.8 % . it will be on the fair/market value or may be on the customs assessed value
joyceanblue said:
how much duty one has to pay on a second hand laptop purchased from ebay.com? do they charge duty on the price it is purchased for on ebay or its actual value in india?

[font=arial, sans-serif]How much would it cost me to buy and ship a watch worth ~ $100 from Amazon US ? [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Or would it be better if I ask some one else in US to buy it and ship it to me ? [/font]

I received a mail from ShopandShip a few week ago that my item has been shipped.I have never used this service in my life except opening an account paying $5. Now, the courier guy is calling me and telling me that the package has arrived and need to pay a duty of 1.9K!!!

Can someone tell me what's going on?When I first received the mail, I thought this was some gift since I am a member. Below is what shows in the ShopnShip site

Shipment Summary Shipment Number: 9088868670 Pickup Date: 1/30/2012 12:00:00 PM Customer: XXXXXX XXXXX Supplier: Terin Supplier Tracking No.: 03110240000142507671 Packaging Type: Box Date Shipped: 1/30/2012 5:37:53 PM Description: Electronics Shipping Charges: 568.05 INR Current Status: Shipment Out for Delivery Delivered On: Delivered To: Time values are local to the service area in which the shipment checkpoint is recorded.

Shipment History Location Date Activity Banglore City-Main office,India 02/07/2012 11:44 Shipment Out for Delivery Banglore City-Main office,India 02/04/2012 15:00 Attempted Delivery - Office Closed / Delivery Rescheduled for Next Business Day Banglore City-Main office,India 12:36 Shipment Out for Delivery Banglore City-Main office,India 02/03/2012 12:42 Shipment Out for Delivery Bangalore,India 10:30 Shipment Received at Operations Facility Bombay HUB,India 05:33 Shipment Forwarded to - Banglore City-Main office,India Bombay,India 02/02/2012 20:18 Shipment Received at Operations Facility Mumbai,India 09:31 Shipment Held in Customs - Awaiting Inspection and Release Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates 00:20 Shipment Forwarded to - Bombay,India Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates 02/01/2012 10:39 Shipment Received at Operations Facility New York Office,United States 01/30/2012 17:28 Shipment Forwarded to - Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates

Shipper and Receiver Address Shipper Receiver 11434 560066 Jamaica Bangalore United States India

Shipment Details Origin: United States / Jamaica Destination: India / Bangalore Service: INSR Shipment Type: Shop and Ship Parcel Shipment Weight: 0.80 lb Description: Electronics

ShopandShip customer care confirmed that this was not my parcel.I feel sorry for the guy who is waiting for the parcel. Sad ShopandShip. How could you mess up the name and address of an Individual?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back