Dead Island - Discussion Thread

Finished Deal Island in coop mode, but inco-op the level rises very slowly, i finished most of side missions, but still i reached level 36 in ending,killing every sigle zombie in my way , didn't use cars,so that i could kill more zombies....

In single player mode i reached level 39 at chapter 13 pure blood quest..which i couldn't complete,but still i was on level 39...

I finished the game and enjoyed nearly every part of it. I don't care what the reviews say but this was the zombie game I was waiting for. Combat is a bit dull as Sam B cause you spend most of the game kicking and and jumping on heads with his finisher but the long gameplay and decent environments made up for that.

update​
we are almost towards the end of this game.we are on Chapter 14(ACT IV.chapter 16 is the final one)
whew! we did completed tons of side quests though around 70 may be.our levels are 32+.most probably in another sitting we may finish it.

The later levels are somewhat similar to jurrasic park.To get the fullest experience just make sure you dont drive the cars(which are also somewhat similar to the cars of that movie) make someone else to drive through and just sit on the back side of the car to enjoy the view.

whew completed the game!
Except for the beautiful scenery towards the end it has no fun.single player is seriously a "no-go".since we were in a group we cracked some funny jokes pertaining to the game characters to rip apart the boredom.btw missions are monotonous and many times repetitive.
For a co-op game it was decent enough but nothing compared to l4d series.
Hope ethan will post the pictures soon.

Here are our final stats:

ME:

2gubp4w.jpg

(Ankur) Quan Chi :

10ibex4.jpg

Gaurav (Tarey_g):

15nsivr.jpg

(Sameer) sameer.pur :

2n8sd55.jpg

I guess the game could have been better, if they allowed more gun usage as well. They aimed at too much realism and we ended up using mostly melee weapons. The Jungle level displayed some stunning visuals and restored my faith in this engine. The final battle was a joke. It was over at the blink of an eye. Me and Ankur ended up with the same level (level 35), Gaurav being 36 and Sam (as usual) the highest at 38. We would probably install it once we get the 'Bloodbath arena' DLC. :)

Back