Defective / Dead laptops/laptop parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a SONY VAIO and everything is fine but the motherboard is not working and i cant get it replaced and also the battery aint there

the screen is a bit old and dusty and maybe some scrtahes

let me know if ur intereted will let u know all the details with pics

chhang: Need specs of the laptop to decide whether it is worth buying. Please inform brand, model no, main specs, battery life etc.

metalspree : what is the backup duration?
Being based on the dreaded nvidia 6100 chip, I'll discount it's working status. You can expect Rs. 5000 if battery can do 60 mins and original bag and adapter are included.
Selling a dead laptop? mention the following :
brand and model no.
complete specs - especially if you have changed components
nature of defect
last recorded battery duration (if battery is included)

I hv an old Sony Vaio Laptop model no. PCG FRV25. Here are the specs Amazon.com: Sony VAIO PCG-FRV25 Laptop (2.66-GHz Pentium 4, 512 MB RAM, 40 GB Hard Drive, DVD/CD-RW Drive): Computer & Accessories

The laptop works fine and has no visible blemishes or anything, very well maintained. Have not changed any original parts except the CD/DVD RW but still hv the original with me. Backup should be close to an hour and I even have an extra battery pack. Problem is that it hangs up if left unattended for more than 15 - 20 minutes so its dependability as a backup laptop has become suspect. Other than that its in perfect working condition. Have the original charger as well.

Not sure about backup man i have not used it in ages will check it today,there was no bag included with it as i got it from US .The top of the laptop is been modified ( with some custom hand drawn stickers)

metalspree :without battery and bag, you can expect 4000.

agupta : the hanging could be because of the OS/hdd. Try disabling all power management schemes and check if there are issues. If you want to sell, I can offer Rs. 4000.

Hmm .. Do you sell laptop parts also ..?? My Inspiron 1525's touchpad is acting crazy these days ..Some days it works other it doesnt .. So I am looking forward to replace it... Any deal from you ..??

I need a display IC for a Dell Latitide 500 series laptop. if u have a used motherboard which may help, pls quote me a price.

Special call for dead hard disks : Get Rs. 200 for 80GB SATA drives, higher depending on capacity.

When replying (PLEASE AVOID PMs, POST IN THREAD ONLY) mention the following :
brand and model no.
complete specs - especially if you have changed components
nature of defect
last recorded battery duration (if battery is included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back