Laptops Dell horrible service - Should I file a consumer case against Dell?

not only dell ..its very common with other companies as well..our brittle judicial system and consumers too are to blame. Consumers are not aware of their rights and companies take things for granted, whether it is a laptop, computer hardware, broadband...

in this case good cool headed talk to senior officials is recommended, and hope things get resolved. if not go for a lawsuit and make an example of them...

Thanks everyone for chipping in with the suggestions. Let me try and write an escalation mail to the higher ups and see how that pans out.

Even I had to go with the similar circumstances & situations as yours when my Dell XPS 1530 with XPS Premier Service (Complete Accidental Protection) stopped working due to the faulty Graphics Card.

The Customer Care was hopeless !

On seeing the pictures, i still cant believe that a company like DELL can do this :(

I would suggest, if you dnt get any proper response from the CC, drop a mail to Dell - Asia Pacific Head and it should work out. I had a desktop long back of HP and the CC was unable to do anythig to resolve the issues. Finally a mail to Regional Head worked.

Also, before opening a Consumer Court case, you have to sent a lawyer letter stating that they have 15 days to resolve the issue else you would be going to the court. At this stage, they rectify the problems asap as it becomes a question of reputation.

I know people working in Dell tech support.

I think you should proceed like this, call Dell CS and tell them that you are really frustrated with the service that they have provided and you want to speak to a supervisor right now without wasting any of your time. He/She may try to convice you, but insist for a supervisor. Talk to the Supervisor and tell him that you have been using Dell systems for more than 7 or 8 years now, and you no longer wish to buy/recommend any Dell system because of the horrible recent experiance, and you will also inform about this incident to eveyone at your workplace so that they can alos be aware of this scam, your BIG corporate will also not place any bulk orders(like they used to before) for any systems from Dell in the future. Also inform him that this call is being recorded and you will be going for a direct CLIENT ESCALATION as you have all the records of previous interactions and calls.

If you are not satisfied ask for a manager, also confirm that you are talking to a real manager , not to some other supervisor. Ask them their full names(they can reveal that), but they can not disclose their employee id's. Aske him to give you a follow-up call frequestly to check the status , because you have got many other good things to do in your life than running behind this.

Be cool, dont use any profanity or rude language. Best of luck!

I had a similar problem with HP,got my replacement laptop couple of days back(after about 10 hrs of phone calls and at least 10 visits to the S.C over a period of 2 months)

With Dell, the trick is to escalate the call. Go on till you reach the very high of CC & start shouting. You'll need to sit with your phone sometime but it works.

I had the same problem when my battery became dead just after its warranty & needed replacement AND it worked.

Wow this is bad.

I had a problem with dell once, and i can tell you confidently, its some lame customer service person creating problem than the company itself.

I called for a screen replacement once and the lady conferenced with the engineer, he confirmed screen wud need to be replaced, bu she still insisted that its might not be an issue and shit. Finally had to use a firm hand, and even in that she created problems.

Rest of the time its been silky smooth for me :D Infact the guys i called up have been extra helpful and ask if anything else has to be replaced as i have complete cover. :D

Man! Why're you getting so bothered by a company this unethical and unprofessional. My suggestion would be to take the battery out of the system and do a fast-paced delivery with the laptop and SMASH it on the ground and then call them to tell that your laptop has fallen of the stairs and this is the condition. They'll have to give you with all the replacements(no questions asked).

Believe me, I've been a Dell user since long and the service standards of these people have fallen down DRASTICALLY! They are no more the epitome of "Great" A.S.S.. I've faced so much of problems with my Dell Laptop that I procrastinate every single affair that requires me interacting with those dumb-heads! Every single tech sup call now takes at least half an hour of waiting.

FU Dell! Not so long did it take you to get the scene of A.S.S. in the country!

Dont File a complaint in Court, just call them up and threaten legal action, escalate the call and keep threatening until you are assured that you will get service.

Frankly speaking, I am appalled as the Latitiude systems in India come under ProSupport, basically 24*7 service, wherein replacements are done ASAP, no questions asked.

What I belive is that the rep who you are communicating with right now is a down-right asshat...

Send an email to
I have a netbook I had bought about a month ago which had some hardware problem. The first tech really had a field day with it, quite similar to your issue. I sent a very strong email on the above mentioned address. Got a call from Dell after about 2 hours. They requested pics of the damage which I sent on the same ID. The next day, a tech was at my place fixing the issue while people from Dell were constantly following up with me whether everything was going satisfactorily. The engineer was from Wipro (as was the first one) and was telling me that the people in his office were literally given jack by Dell to get the issue resolved and my call was put on "priority service within 4 hours" category, the highest that they have. Lemme know how it goes.

I was traveling for past 2 weeks so could not follow up.

Today I tried calling their toll free number for Latitude support.

Call 1:

Confusing menu.

Call transferred to technical support by a lady.

Technical support guy went to investigate my case and then went missing. I was left saying hello hello..

Call 2:

Call got disconnected after waiting for a tech support person to be available.

Call 3:

Finally got through and the guy seemed helpful. He waited on the call till he logged everything and took his manager's approval. Has given me 15th Dec date for the replacements. Will update on Wednesday.

tut tut, this is terrible. I know ppl that have got great service. Thats the thing with service with ANy company...it is always changing, new ppl come, new policies, diff branches handle differently and of course your own perception of things! oh well!

:)

Have received a lot of parts today. Hopefully the technician will come today itself otherwise will have to get the parts locked in office.

The engineer came today and replaced the parts. One of the replacement parts was defective, as in wires had some problem, so he has raised another ticket for it. Glad that things have been done with. Still waiting to boot the laptop and try the new keyboard as it is showing a BSOD. Will try running a repair when I reach home.

Thanks to everyone who chipped in and people who guided me behind the scenes. Your help is highly appreciated. :D

Back