DELL S2409W for 12750 shipped and DELL U2410 for 31000/-

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Anderton said:
31k is a huge amount for a monitor :(
How's the s2409w? I'm also considering Samsung's 24" models.. any one got any unbiased comparisons?

The s2409w is a TN panel. But it's considered among the best 24" TN monitors around. Samsung's 24" monitors aren't easily available. They do have a new 23" lavender @ 11,500, which is incredibly pretty. But if VFM is what you want, the 22" 2233sw @ 8800 is awesome (got one last weekend).

If you're on a tight budget, you can even check out BenQ 24" @ ~10K

naru80 said:
The s2409w is a TN panel. But it's considered among the best 24" TN monitors around. Samsung's 24" monitors aren't easily available. They do have a new 23" lavender @ 11,500, which is incredibly pretty. But if VFM is what you want, the 22" 2233sw @ 8800 is awesome (got one last weekend).

If you're on a tight budget, you can even check out BenQ 24" @ ~10K

I want at least a 24in monitor. Yes, I said at least. :)
Sad to see its so difficult finding 24" mons here. Most shops at lammy said they didn't have any (except prime and itwares)

I'll probably be ordering the s2409w in the next couple of days if the guy actually replies to my PM :(

John Anderton said:
I want at least a 24in monitor. Yes, I said at least. :)
Sad to see its so difficult finding 24" mons here. Most shops at lammy said they didn't have any (except prime and itwares)

I'll probably be ordering the s2409w in the next couple of days if the guy actually replies to my PM :(

BenQs are the best (and readily available) if you're on a tight budget. The G2412 is for Rs10,990.

Dell s2409w is available in nehru place for 13,200. Worth the extra 450 bucks IMHO as you don't have to wait for weeks for delivery.

naru80 said:
BenQs are the best (and readily available) if you're on a tight budget. The G2412 is for Rs10,990.

Dell s2409w is available in nehru place for 13,200. Worth the extra 450 bucks IMHO as you don't have to wait for weeks for delivery.

A) Where is Nehru Place? Is it in Mumbai? :p
B) What about warranty?

John Anderton said:
A) Where is Nehru Place? Is it in Mumbai? :p
More like Delhi. :p

Here's their website: Nehru Place IT Hub - Delhi - INDIA - Latest Prices for Computer Hardware, Laptop, Desktop PC, LCD Monitor, Memory Cards, RAM, Hard disk drive, Pen Drive, DVD Combo Writer, Webcam, Digital Camera, MP3 Player, USB devices, Laptop spares Parts, Laptop A

John Anderton said:
B) What about warranty?
BenQ provide 3 year warranty for all it's LCD monitors and I suppose Samsung offers the same period.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Ouch :p

Ethan_Hunt said:
BenQ provide 3 year warranty for all it's LCD monitors and I suppose Samsung offers the same period.
BenQ has a horrible Dead Pixel policy. Enough Said.
Samsung is great but I didn't see any 24" monitors for Samsung at Lamington Road. I asked around in a lot of shops. Samsung is my first choice for monitors (I've had great experience with them with all the products except one cd rom drive :p) but sadly it wasn't available and hence I looked for Dell.

John Anderton said:
Samsung is great but I didn't see any 24" monitors for Samsung at Lamington Road. I asked around in a lot of shops. Samsung is my first choice for monitors (I've had great experience with them with all the products except one cd rom drive :p) but sadly it wasn't available and hence I looked for Dell.
Well I'm getting my S2409W monitor today evening (finally!), I'll let you know how it is. :)

John Anderton said:
Ouch :p

Have a look at the new samsung lavender 23". It's drop dead gorgeous. A bit pricey though at 11.5k. The review's pretty good.

LOL! Got the monitor Vijay. I was almost on the verge on killing someone from Dell because of all the delays. :mad:

Anyway, the monitor is fantabulous. I'll do a full fledged review later perhaps. For the time being, let me live in the moment of Full HD glory. :p

Thanks for taking the time and patience to help us out with this deal. Hope the rest of the deals would clear for other people as well. Dell is one nightmare of a company to deal with, honestly. Why can't they just stock their 24" monitors to single users like normal companies?

I'll have to calibrate this monitor properly. My 360 games looks amazing on it. Also Full HD movies are complete treat to watch. For people in doubt about this monitor, don't be. Get it right now. It's totally worth the price and time effort. ;)

^^^yeah I am flying to banglore in day or 2
have meeting fixed up with them
lets see will work out some good Alienware deals for you all

tc :d

Buygamingstuff said:
^^^yeah I am flying to banglore in day or 2
have meeting fixed up with them
lets see will work out some good Alienware deals for you all

tc :d
Good luck. Keep us posted. :)

well, i am yet to decide among G2410 and S2409W before i PM the purchare order to Vijay. :huh:

Everyone seems to love S2409W and it has been widely sold as one can see it has quite a number of user reviews on dell's site and on youtube. :eek:hyeah:

But cnet.com review says that G2410 has better performance (also of course better power consumption) than S2409W even though it has less brightness (250cd/m*m as compared to S2409W's 300cd/m*m) :clap:

Personally, if i had to decide only on looks i would go for G2410 as it looks plain and professional to me (atleast in pictures). But i would definitely give more importance to performance than looks. So please provide your opinion about the performance like color reproduction etc. for G2410.

Vijay, you must have used both the monitors..which one would you recommend??

Review links:
Dell G2410 LCD Monitor reviews - CNET Reviews
Dell S2409W LCD Monitor reviews - CNET Reviews
thanks and waiting for your suggestions.

Ethan_Hunt said:
LOL! Got the monitor Vijay. I was almost on the verge on killing someone from Dell because of all the delays. :mad:

Anyway, the monitor is fantabulous. I'll do a full fledged review later perhaps. For the time being, let me live in the moment of Full HD glory. :p

Thanks for taking the time and patience to help us out with this deal. Hope the rest of the deals would clear for other people as well. Dell is one nightmare of a company to deal with, honestly. Why can't they just stock their 24" monitors to single users like normal companies?

I'll have to calibrate this monitor properly. My 360 games looks amazing on it. Also Full HD movies are complete treat to watch. For people in doubt about this monitor, don't be. Get it right now. It's totally worth the price and time effort. ;)

hi Ethan_Hunt,
were u able to register ur monitor on dell site with serial number only ? How will one check warranty status of dell monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back