Laptops Dell's new inspiron 'R' series - VFM

Do u like taking laptop to showroom, wait for their expert to repair & even keep laptop there if parts are not available. :)

For Dell, they come home with the part (be it even LCD) repair & go.. I love it :)

Dell makes you lazy :p
I cant imagine goin to a service centre and gettin things repaired..
I also cant imagine a laptop with out 3yr complete cover with any of my family members :p
Its just too convenient..

Sony might as well take a hike..

niceks said:
How is the speakers in inspiron R series? Old inspiron series's sound were vey low

How does it matter anyway? Most of the users prefer headphones or connecting speakers to it.

Some of them even boast of an optical SPDIF out through an additional 3,5mm to Toslink adapter.

@niceks

I checked out 14R, Its has premium SRS sound. Awesome clear & loud enough for room.

Guys help me choose from this

3 GB+320 GB is 32900 + 2 year accident cover of 4000 Rs

4 GB+500 GB is 34900 + 1 year onsite warranty.

Can anyone tell me what price of 2 year accident cover for Inspi series if purchased separately ?

was looking for the best deal for "4 GB+500 GB" model.
all three dell guys said that another price revision likely on next monday...is this a usual strategy or might be true?

Don't even think of purchasing the cover separately. It would strip you of all your money. I was quote 12K for ONE year. Didn't bother asking for 2 years. The Dell guys said buying cover along with the laptop is the wisest thing to do.

ajab.ghajab said:
Don't even think of purchasing the cover separately. It would strip you of all your money. I was quote 12K for ONE year. Didn't bother asking for 2 years. The Dell guys said buying cover along with the laptop is the wisest thing to do.

Wow, they sure did rip you off there, I know the warranty for one year would NOT be that high.

Anyways, since I am working with Dell laptops everyday I recommend purchasing the 3 year CC warranty package as a three year package cant be bought on a Dell laptop after POS.

^ I was told that those prices were effective if I bought CC separately after purchasing the laptop. They did quote lower prices if bought along with the machine.

Praks said:
@ajab.ghajab
+1 buddy, Thanks for info

@san & Others
if you are interested in taking R series, Post here, I am trying to get bulk deal
http://www.techenclave.com/members-market/new-dell-inspiron-r-series-laptop-165419.html

Hey buddy,

Are you looking to get a bulk deal from dell? If so, count me in!

I am also looking to buy Ci5 + 1GB Graphics card one (item no: T540505IN8) with 2 years cc.

Do you think if you bargain for a bulk deal they can waive off the warranty costs for the 2 year complete cover (comes to around ~4k) or will it be too much of a bargain.

P.S I can not access the URL u mentioned. My post count is still low

remember to tell them that you can buy in name of a company (like Infy, Satyam, Sapient, etc.) who are corporate customers of Dell.

You then will get a hefty discount on completecover

@ajab.ghajab

The prices which you quoted are for CC seperately bought but they are for two years and not one....

Anyway warranty prices always keep fluctuating because of the amount of taxes and what not the government levies.

Back