Digital Table Clock with Backlight or LED Digits - For Night Use

Last edited:
Wow. That looks perfect.

Edit : Ordered. Thank you so much man!

I too was eyeing this before but the only reason I didn't buy as I saw in many review pics that back light isn't uniform and is spotty. Hence got the mirror finish one as its digits itself are made of light per se.

Last edited:
I bought a mobile phone from Flipkart and they are now offering Lenovo Smart Clock at ₹1,999. Unable to find the link on FK. The site's been behaving crazy since yesterday.

Close to 15 days update..

The digital clock is working fine. It is rarely touched except when we have to clean dust from shelf and clock itself. The feature of dimming between 6Pm and 6Am is something I like as we don't have to fiddle with brightness before sleeping. In pitch dark room, this clock works superb and shows clear time. Glad I got this instead of something with backlight or using a tablet as clock. Clock does not get hot or anything.
I am using 3 AAA Batteries too (apart from wall power) as sometimes, my 2 year old will just turn off switch and without the batteries, I will have to setup everything from scratch.

The same listing from same seller is now at Rs. 749. Please do not pay so much. Find some ~Rs. 500 or less listings. The seller even sent a note in the box to refund me Rs. 30 for a 5 star review.

There is another version of this available which has a USB-A port in back for using as a mobile charger but I didn't see use of that and wouldn't trust that charger so didn't opt for that. Also it would be at least 300 rupees more expensive than standard version (without USB) and in that I can buy separate better quality multiple port charger.

Amazon Alexa with 5.5-inch display, that's what I am using.

It by default shows you the time and has an auto-brightness feature, so when at night it goes into this night mode where the digits are fairly visible.
if anyone interested, there is discount of 1k today

1.5 Month Update. Clock is still working fine. Here is a pic I took while I was sitting on my bed in a pitch dark bedroom. You will see why I really like this digital clock...

*For people not getting, you can see the time as 11:50.
Clock.jpg

Another update, 3 months after last update. The clock still works fine and is something exactly I was looking for and at a price I can digest. Highly recommended as a night clock.

No this is not the same clock. This one has kind of backlight while the one I have, the digits itself are made of light or something like that. Let me check amazon.

@skoka123 This is the one..

I didn't buy from exact listing but you will find 100s of listing for same item so buy whoever is cheaper.

@raksrules I got the one you linked. Thanks for the advice. It works great. The only drawback is that the amount of light even at low setting is too bright at night. May be I should not have removed the plastic sheet on the surface.

@raksrules I got the one you linked. Thanks for the advice. It works great. The only drawback is that the amount of light even at low setting is too bright at night. May be I should not have removed the plastic sheet on the surface.

This is true. the light even at night is brighter but we have got used to it.

I have these 3 in my house running now:

Phoenix 6.5" Mirror Surface LED Clock:
IMG-20210701-121908.jpg

Bought in July' 2019 from Amazon for Rs.1,199/-. It works fine on power but unfortunately the battery (CR2016) backup doesn't kick in for some reason. The problem was there from the beginning but by the time I discovered it the Return/ Repacement window on Amazon had closed. If there is a power loss then I have to manually reset the time. Power is supplied through a power brick which came with the clock. Has 3 brightness levels and since it's in my bedroom I keep it at the lowest brightness level. Super helpful for checking the time at once glance at night in a dark room.

Segolike Mirror Surface LED Clock:
IMG-20210701-121935.jpg

Bought in August' 2019 from Amazon for Rs.699/-. This one is smaller than the one above. Works great without any issues whatsoever. Uses 3 X AAA batteries for backup if there is a power loss (screen goes off when in power-saving mode). Can be powered by PC USB/ wall socket.

Lenovo Smart Clock with Google Assistant:
IMG-20210619-220116.jpg

IMG-20210621-122951.jpg

Bought in May' 2021 from Flipkart for Rs.3,399/-. My desk clock. The most favorite one yet. Love this cute little thing sitting pretty beneath my monitor, connected to my Wi-Fi at home through Google Home App. Has multiple clock faces and I have it on the time + weather screen. The screen changes according to the weather outside. Google Assistance is integrated so very nifty to have as well. Been working without gripes for the last 2 months.
Link: Lenovo Smart Clock with Google Assistant Smart Speaker (Hemp Grey)

Last edited:
I just ask my current echo dot for the time and set alarms and reminder etc

Now thinking about getting the latest echo dot with the time display option, the sphere shaped one...

I have these 3 in my house running now:

Phoenix 6.5" Mirror Surface LED Clock:
IMG-20210701-121908.jpg

Bought in July' 2019 from Amazon. It works fine on power but unfortunately the battery (CR2016) backup doesn't kick in for some reason. The problem was there from the beginning but by the time I discovered it the Return/ Repacement window on Amazon had closed. If there is a power loss then I have to manually reset the time. Power is supplied through a power brick which came with the clock. Has 3 brightness levels and since it's in my bedroom I keep it at the lowest brightness level. Super helpful for checking the time at once glance at night in a dark room.

Segolike Mirror Surface LED Clock:
IMG-20210701-121935.jpg

Bought in August' 2019 from Amazon. This one is smaller than the one above. Works great without any issues whatsoever. Uses 3 X AAA batteries for backup if there is a power loss (screen goes off when in power-saving mode). Can be powered by PC USB/ wall socket.

Lenovo Smart Clock with Google Assistant:
IMG-20210619-220116.jpg

IMG-20210621-122951.jpg

Bought in May' 2021 from Flipkart. My desk clock. The most favorite one yet. Love this cute little thing sitting pretty beneath my monitor, connected to my Wi-Fi at home through Google Home App. Has multiple clock faces and I have it on the time + weather screen. The screen changes according to the weather outside. Google Assistance is integrated so very nifty to have as well. Been working without gripes for the last 2 months.
Please update with links (where possible) and price you have purchased at.

Please update with links (where possible) and price you have purchased at.

Done. The links for the Mirror LED clocks I bought from Amazon in 2019 are now sadly dead. However a quick search with Mirror LED Clocks on Amazon should lead to variants of them. I have added the link for the Lenovo Smart Clock.

Back