Disappointing SBI Internet Net Banking

My experience:
Seeing this thread reminded me that I had a dormant SBI account that needed to be reactivated, after a personal visit at home branch. This account was over 10 years old, and hadn't been used for over 3 years. I had the internet banking id, but no password. I no longer had the ATM card.
This particular branch that I'm holding the account in (Pondicherry, main branch) had been very efficient and smooth over 4 years ago when I had last visited. I had my apprehensions, but had no other option, so visited the branch on Wednesday at around 10.45 am. To my delight, the bank was even more efficient at handling customers, even though it is the busiest bank in the city. I had to go to a "services" counter, wherein a young lady listened to my queries, and gave me a few forms to fill. Once that was done, I was given a password for INB immediately and was told it would be activated in less than 24 hrs. ATM card would be despatched in less than 10 days. Of course, the account was reactivated instantly. All this was over in less than 30 mins. :)
Password works fine now. I forgot to ask for a profile password reset though (the lady could have reminded me, but I'm not complaining). Should pay a visit to the branch sometime next week for the same, as well as for the ATM pin which I have to collect personally once the card is in my hand.

Overall, a very pleasant experience.
Glad that worked out alright for ya, I don't think it would be that easy in my branch, basically I didn't have much complain for branch, but the INB issues I faced... That was totally unacceptable

Looks like OP had a long list of problems to deal with.

Personlly, SBI Internet Banking for me has been touchwood. Plus my home branch has been working better since few months which makes it even easy while collecting DD's from the Bank.

You bet I had, [emoji22] anyway congrats to you, if it's working as it should, in my case I still don't know what was wrong and probably never will,

Curious as to what she did or troubleshoot. Ask her and let us know.

I pressed her again for some days and she told me what she did

she tried login with same password before resetting it, it didn't work, coz they've already reset that, then she made login with kit password and tried changing login password, by using kit passwd as old one, didn't work, then she used old passwd (the last one which I was successfully able to change to) as old passwd, didn't work, then she changed profile passwd again and logged out, tried resetting the login passwd from "forgot login passwd again " didn't work also , then she tried to login with the password that worked that I changed successfully to didn't work, frustrated she again logged in via kit password, again changed profile password, logged out again, and tried these things again, but this time the last password which I was able to change too, worked then she logged in with that passwd, changed it to new one, and IT WAS DONE...

I burst out laughing after hearing all this and asked if she is missing any more steps in this confusion, she showed me a paper on which she has written the steps she took, to avoid this confusion
(she looked hurt anyway,that I was making fun of her bank, but because it was true she couldn't say anything)

[emoji18]

So that was that

I remember we used to have a very old black and white TV, which had sliding double wooden shutters (the very old ones) and when it didn't work for any reason we go up to it and slap it on the top, it never worked on 1st time, but between 20 attempts doing the same thing,it'd work for any attempt it so choose, we just had to keep repeating the same thing over [emoji13] [emoji13]

Because of this thread I decided to signup here and tell my story. I am still a customer of SBI
1. In 2011 i applied for IB . filled the form and submitted it. after 1 week password came home and i visited the branch. a senior guy in mind 40's activated my password. Next day I tried and it wasn't working.
I visited the branch and that day my IB was Actually Activated.
2. I had no Transaction rights . Again i had to visit the branch and then the same senior guy in good position told me to WRITE an application and submit my Mobile Number. Then i got my Transactional Rights
3. In 2011 a user had to wait 16hours to get other person's a/c activated in Transfer Funds options [ i don't know what amount of time it takes now]

All other options to this day are working properly.

2015 . My brother opened an a/c in SBI after 2 hours worth of Headache. A/c opening Form which is not even read by the Employees itself.
It had 4 options cheque,sms alert,internet banking, and Debit Card.
The lady asked You need sms alert and then You need Debi Card? What is the objective of A/C opening form Lady? sigh. check the form and then my brother gave ye/no answers as appropriate
She didn't asked at all about IB and by that time i was too tired of their Idiocy and told my brother to get the passbook and went home . It actually didn't happened because of Nautanki of their Employees.
I had to visit the branch again and by 3:45 the employees started to show their nasty stare.
Employee actually told me why didn't i came around 3pm . wow .

Not to mention 12rs Beema or insurance forcefully thrown at new Customers. I told the lady it isn't mandatory and then she left that form . After all they have to fill this schemes quota for Central Government.

2nd debit card is issued right away as soon as you fill the a/c opening form but for everything else ask for forms here and there.

The Next day i went to branch again and asked the lady about internet banking. She told me i had to fill another form for it. I told her that she easily accepted sms alert/uncheck Debit card in a/c Opening form then why we need to fill other form for internet banking. She told me NO You have to fill that form and get it from other desk.

This new desk lady is interrogator. SBI moved to a different location just a few days ago and Yesterday I went there with my Brother.

This new desk lady asks : Where you opened a/c when you opened a/c where you got the a/c opening form
where you got the Internet banking form. YUP .
After wasting 35 minutes in this and that and taking all other work from here and there she started to process my Brothers Internet Banking form.

She asked : You need Transaction Rights . My brother said "yes". Right away she asked Loudly "WHY"
I said right away for online transactions and my brother said for online shopping.
Then she asked about mobile number and my brother told her the no. . Now this lady didn't listened the no. properly and i told her . SHE seemed too Interested and i told her we ALL Use the same mobile no. and this no. is also linked with my mothers a/c as well as gas-agency a/c.

after all this crap of 45minutes my brother got his user/pass

and today we both checked and we can't change the Profile Password and why? Because of some technical browser issue which SBI didn't resolved earlier. 2 months old issue with browser still exist.

I have BANK OF INDIA a/c too and there NET BANKING SUCKS.

SBI sucks : only saving grace is Net Banking and even that is too troublesome a process.

When my sister opened a/c there. Lady asked you need Cheque? My sister said yes.
1st 50 leaves are free and once in a while my sister do use Cheque unlike me who use 3leaves in 4 years.
Lady asked : WHY? . yeah . BANK Provides the services and WE The customer has every right to get these services and yet these Employees Harrass People without Reason.

My sister opened a/c in 2013 and i always for Cheque Online and Funny thing is My Mother never talked about cheque YET also got Cheque book via online option and I checked this monday and Cheque Facility is unavailable to my sister's a/c. These employees.

now UPGRADE ACCESS LEVEL IS AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE. So anyone can convert there viewing rights into transaction rights.

I am moving to YES BANK or ICICI BANK . Private banks are still far better than these crappy govt banks

i start using recently their net banking and they never send me kit ,when i told them then they issue me new kit but charge 110 rs but now net banking is working fine
neeraj

Back