CPU/Mobo [DISCUSSION] AMD 4700S Desktop Kit

I was thinking of experimenting with this, but I think I won't have enough time. Let me know if anyone needs it in Kolkata. Else, I will try to cancel :)
Got it for Rs 8,658

Why isnt it ideal?
Quoting from another reply

I finally understood the downside on this kit and it's GDDR6 Ram and Latency mentioned.

You can't run multiple tasks at the same time, they all freeze.

It's meant to run a single foreground activity and no large background activity whatsoever.

Small things are fine, like services and audio streaming and all.

But try to run an installer, and a browser, you get the system hangs.
The CPU really wants to stay at 4GHz with up to 1.39v which causes it to run hot and loud. I managed to drop ~3C by replacing its thermal compound with Artic MX4 but it still runs hot.

The cooler cannot be changed, the fan it comes with is amazing for an 80mm fan (or was it 92mm) so it's not worth changing. I've tried to undervolt and underclock but the motherboard has no options for that and the best I managed was to change PStates but even that has no effect when the cpu wants to boost past PStates (which is 100% of the time when you run folding@home).

Prime ABGB has drastically reduced the price for the 4700S kit. It's now available for ₹8999 (₹8799 a while ago).

View attachment 135372
It's become 15k since last night. With just our discussions, it's demand ( with it's advantages) and it's demise ( with its shortcomings). Thinking any publicity is good publicity primeabgb increased it's price by almost 70%:eek:.
Personally if it could go headless, it would have been a GAME changer for this board.
If someone on TE is messing with this board, may be take another look at it's capabilities going headless; if any.

THANKS,

If someone on TE is messing with this board, may be take another look at it's capabilities going headless; if any
Tall order. As per Tomshardware review, the barbarian BIOS has only one option to change. I was originally thinking to get this kit for some virtualization but seeing BIOS doesn't have any settings, I don't think virtualisation can be enabled on this.

Here's the link for the modded BIOS with more options. If anyone got it, give it a try and report back. If I get it first, I'll do so.

Tall order. As per Tomshardware review, the barbarian BIOS has only one option to change. I was originally thinking to get this kit for some virtualization but seeing BIOS doesn't have any settings, I don't think virtualisation can be enabled on this.

There is an option to enable SVM with the unlocked BIOS.

I really don't think virtualization would be any good on this platform. It'll be slow and miserable and also probably with a lot of freezes. The GDDR memory for a normal workstation is not ideal, actually far from it.
If anyone's doing it here for experimentation and exploration or fun, please share your experience, I'd like to know more.

So, it seems everyone who bought it at 8799 does not have the stock! may be stock only available for people ready to buy at 15k which is totally not worth it.
Mail.png

I think Prime is an expert in this kind of manipulation. No fault of their own, btw.

Last edited:
Lets see if this get to me,
So, it seems everyone who bought it at 8799 does not have the stock! may be stock only available for people ready to buy at 15k which is totally not worth it.View attachment 135548

I think Prime is an expert in this kind of manipulation. No fault of their own, btw.

Got the same email, hate this about the Indian etailers, accept the orders and the money and then keep the customer hanging, believe they did something similar during the Asus GPU price drops.

So, it seems everyone who bought it at 8799 does not have the stock! may be stock only available for people ready to buy at 15k which is totally not worth it.

The kit was going out of stock at 8799 and then another 3-5 pieces would be in stock again. I actually managed to buy only on my second attempt.

I've got this mail too. They'll lose me as a customer forever and will convince few more not to ever consider Prime for their purchase if they pull any weird stunts after this.

The kit was going out of stock at 8799 and then another 3-5 pieces would be in stock again. I actually managed to buy only on my second attempt.

I've got this mail too. They'll lose me as a customer forever and will convince few more not to ever consider Prime for their purchase if they pull any weird stunts after this.
Yea, exact same scenario, though I missed the deal with it showing 3 in stock and not letting me checkout. This is my first purchase from them, but yea, if we they dont make it.

I believe they just cause speculation to increase the sale.

Like I said earlier, more such sale will follow as 4800 chip is about to launch.

Back