Discussion on Aadhaar Based Bank Frauds!

iosoft

PC enthusiast since MS DOS 5
Skilled
Friends,

Now-a-days, there are too many reports on Aadhaar Based Bank Frauds!
Small/big amounts are being withdrawn without any Card, Mobile, OTP..... just by Aadhaar no and Fingerprint! (God knowns how they get that)

Almost every day, there are news of this type of scams! This week there is a scam in my locality...... he is a CA!
Some says, its due to AEPS (Aadhaar-enabled Payment System) Sometimes, its written AEPS on Passbook.

While Google-ing, I found that some says -
  • AEPS can be disabled from Bank.
  • AEPS can not be disabled!
  • In a Court Hearing, UIDAI said that there is not a single case of fraud/scam using AEPS!
  • Lock Biometric from Aadhaar Portal?
    but still there are some news of AEPS fraud on locked Biometric Aadhaar!
    and what if Bank disables my Bank account due to random KYC checks.
WTF!
What to do?!

The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has written to states and Union territories (UTs) flagging concerns about the “misuse” of the Aadhaar Enabled Payment System (AePS) by cybercriminals to commit financial fraud, ThePrint has learnt.

In a letter dated 21 February, the Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre (I4C) — the MHA’s nodal agency to tackle matters related to cybercrime — wrote that cybercriminals are “cloning” the biometric data of Aadhaar users uploaded on states’ registry websites that host sale deeds and agreements. ThePrint has seen a copy of the letter.

I locked my biometrics just now.
Did you lock your biometrics or whole Aadhar? I'm not able find any option to disable biometrics, only Aadhar lock option is there using VID.

Edit: found it but it's stuck at fetching current status.
Screenshot_20230916_203816_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Did you lock your biometrics or whole Aadhar? I'm not able find any option to disable biometrics, only Aadhar lock option is there using VID.
Login to myaadhar, you'll get an option to lock just the biometrics

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230912_115543_Firefox.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230912_115543_Firefox.jpg
    398.1 KB · Views: 74
Download mAadhaar official app on your mobile, register and try locking biometric from there.
Generally it is working better than the uidai website myaadhaar.

Locked biometric many years back and do not share adhaar details with the bank for KYC. Recently had applied for Axis CC , they came with biometric machine for verifying KYC, i refused to give adhaar, they agreed to do it manually after some persuasion. PSU banks just refuse to offer alternative to adhaar.

Locked biometric many years back and do not share adhaar details with the bank for KYC. Recently had applied for Axis CC , they came with biometric machine for verifying KYC, i refused to give adhaar, they agreed to do it manually after some persuasion. PSU banks just refuse to offer alternative to adhaar.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
So, we should enable the Biometric only when needed and that also for few minutes....

Back