Diwali Dhamaka - Show your <stuff> thread :P

5 pages and only 3 pics ? Excellent !! grey matters here indeed.
People seem to have forgotten that it's a festival of light and not sound. There has been an increase in awareness though, i've noticed there are lesser people spending on firecrackers every year.
That's the reason i like Christmas more since the past few years, nice decorations everywhere and no pollution, sound or otherwise.

plMfGYzU.jpeg

I posted all my light and blasting cracker in photography section, because in this thread they ask for: show only crackers.:p:lol:

I am well aware it is that kind of thread which serves the sole purpose of enraging most members but I still feel like providing my 2 cents.

To the OP,

You are not wrong when you say it's Diwali and so one should make it joyous by doing what one pleases. But after a certain age, when most people become more understanding and mature, you have to make reasonable choice. As many others have pointed out, I think crackers that burst high up in the sky cause lesser noise as well as air pollution. So if you are sticking with those, good job. If not, I hope you have good reasons to do so.

To others,

Let us not be judgmental in this regard and understand that it is perfectly normal to have a differing view-point which does not necessary aligns with yours. I don't see the sense in spending crores of rupees for weddings or playing holi with strong colors or even doing nasty things to a friend on their birthday (which is common occurrence AFAIK) but that doesn't mean I will look down on people who do that. In this world, there is nothing right or wrong (unless its illegal by law). Just difference of opinion.

Anyways, Happy belated Diwali everyone :bigok:

Yesterday night was also one hell of awesome night, although got hit by a cow on the process of celebration :p, and today is "Matar", last day of celebration :bigok:

being.smart why don't you say "GTFO" to ppl who come here and yap about how crackers cause pollution and what not,did anyone of you ever plant a tree in your life?i didn't burst many "patakas" but still if you want to rave about how you are saving the environment,go join Al Gore.

being.smart why don't you say "***" to ppl who come here and yap about how crackers cause pollution and what not,did anyone of you ever plant a tree in your life?i didn't burst many "patakas" but still if you want to rave about how you are saving the environment,go join Al Gore.

Thanks to people like you, we havnt got any dearth of janta who instigate others to go bonkers.

If a person x hasnt planted a tree.. he hasnt done his bit to improve the environment.. but by encouraging not to burst crackers, he isnt making things worse at the least.

And if somebody did planted a tree, would you want a proof with 2 snapshots and id names with the saplings as your next step?

Lastly, if anybody feels concerned, why the hell the need to summon al gore in any capacity ?

Al Gore is an enviro-ass whom you can find on a popular place called "google".also what i meant was that this thread is not meant to be hijacked by eco-preachers,you can all continue your eco-ravings in another thread or probably out on the streets,but why in this cracker thread?amma boom boom!!folks asking "what is an al gore?",so much for "techie awareness",also better start digging up your cotton shirts,all the pollution must surely be beginning to raise the temps up by some cozy degrees.also why not tell disney to put a stop to it's fireworks display?surely the pollution caused will lead to death by asphyxiation.

being.smart why don't you say "GTFO" to ppl who come here and yap about how crackers cause pollution and what not,did anyone of you ever plant a tree in your life?i didn't burst many "patakas" but still if you want to rave about how you are saving the environment,go join Al Gore.

Brings back memories. Yes, I have planted trees. We used to have stuff like this, part of our school curriculum. ;)

In our Bhilai, the Bhilai Steel Plant, every 3 month distributes around 6 lac plants , and yeah every time i buy some and get them planted in my farmhouse.. doing my bit to save environment, and yeah i also use my cycle much more than car and bikes :angel:

Bhilai is now have lot lot and hell lot of greenery everywhere :bigok:

Bursting of crackers needs to be discouraged, if cant do good to the environment, lets try not to further harm it.

No offense to anyone.

Those who burn tiny little cigarettes all the year should not yell about pollution and health risks caused by crackers!

This time around we made some of the stuff at home. As kids we used to do this a lot, but stopped for quite some time. Realized that my kids need to have some "personal" involvement too, like we had. Made flower pots (two types) & pencils (Telugu: Chichchubuddi & Mataaba).

Few snaps:
Making the flowerpots.
0000 Making the Kaakara Chichchubuddi.JPG

Finished products: (two varieties)
Final products - regular (muthyala) & kaakara flowerpots.jpg

Red Sparkle flowerpot (Telugu: Kaakara Chichchubuddi)
Kaakara Chichchubuddi.JPG
Regular Flowerpot (Telugu: Muthyala Chichchubuddi)
Muthyala Chichchubuddi.JPG

The satisfaction of seeing them literally light-up, is something like what you get when you build your own PC and look at the start screen when it boots up for the first time!

Back