DLink GLB-502T problems

cybertragic

Disciple
I just bought a new D-Link GLB-502T ADSL modem for use with my BSNL Dataone connection. I configured it to autodial as per instructions given on various sites and it connected properly.

However there are 2 problems neither of which I faced with my Huawei MT841.

1) The inteenet keeps disconnecting and connecting itself every one minute. I never faced this problem with the Huawei modem. What can I do about this? Its hardly usable coz it works for one minute, then disconnects and takes another 30 seconds to find the link and connect itself.
2) The ports on utorrent always show blocked. I know there is probably some way to configure it to open a certain port but on the MT841 all ports were always open and the port status on utorrent was always green no matter which port I used. Can the DLink be configured to work that way?

If you Dataone connection is a new one (With the IP range in 117.xxx.xxx.xxx) then do the following.

1. Set your modem in bridged mode

2. Create a PPPoE connection using "Create New Internet Connection" wizard

3. Enter your Usrname/Pwd and connect.

Check the log. Any specific reason it's disconnecting? You can try upgrading the firmware. What's yours? And you'll have to port forward thru Advanced>Virtual Server.

Anish said:
If you Dataone connection is a new one (With the IP range in 117.xxx.xxx.xxx) then do the following.

1. Set your modem in bridged mode
2. Create a PPPoE connection using "Create New Internet Connection" wizard
3. Enter your Usrname/Pwd and connect.

Why cant you put the modem in bridged mode if you have the old ip address range??

^ You can, but it usually connects well with NIB-1. This stupid Multiplay stuff has loads of issues with non-BSNL ADSL modems.

I am sure the line quality is absolutely fine because I also have a Huawei MT841 borrowed from a friend and whenever I connect using the MT841 it works perfectly and disconnects only after 24 hours. However, the 502T always disconnects every 1 minute. Is it because the "Idle Timeout" on the 502T is 60 seconds by default?

cybertragic said:
I am sure the line quality is absolutely fine because I also have a Huawei MT841 borrowed from a friend and whenever I connect using the MT841 it works perfectly and disconnects only after 24 hours. However, the 502T always disconnects every 1 minute. Is it because the "Idle Timeout" on the 502T is 60 seconds by default?

ya u r correct change that to high or use the on demand option

Well, obviously that's the first thing I'd have done except the idle timeout part is greyed out and there's no way to change the default 60 seconds. Any1 here have a glb-502t and can help?

Hmm mine remains "ON" for days, so here is my setting:

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

Clipboard03.jpg

Clipboard04.jpg

Clipboard05.jpg

Clipboard06.jpg

Clipboard07.jpg

Helps?

~LT

Somebody please help me...i just brought a GLB 502T router....ma prob is that it just disconnects every 2 min ...please help me......its default idle time out is 60sec...please help me to slove this problem.....

^^^ do you have parallel line at your place...if so, use a splitter before the parallel lines...also what is the snr margin you are getting...???

also ensure that "manual" has been checked in your routers setting...you'll find it in advanced->ppp.

i dont know wat that means...a new beeeeee to networking man......

if am not wrong there is aspliter...which splits the mail line to dsl and phone....actuallly ma system is placed bit too far 4m the phone so am useing an extention phone liine which i connected in that spliter's dsl port.....then the other end to the glb 502t router...thats wat alll i know..it was working man...it keep dicoonecting.....wat to do..is it any prob with the router or the settings...please

i dont know wat that means...a new beeeeee to networking man......

if am not wrong there is aspliter...which splits the mail line to dsl and phone....actuallly ma system is placed bit too far 4m the phone so am useing an extention phone liine which i connected in that spliter's dsl port.....then the other end to the glb 502t router...thats wat alll i know..it was working man...it keep dicoonecting.....wat to do..is it any prob with the router or the settings...please

Back