"Do you have XYZ Credit Card?" Thread

Thanks i got it via a relative.
thats nice to know but one advice....never expect anyone to give you his cc and on top ask him for otp too after that .

No one in their right mind will do that .

People here dont share their cc details. they either order it through their account once they get the money or you can share your account and they will order it for you once the money is paid.

Hope in future if you need help with cc here you would know how it works.
Cheers!

thats nice to know but one advice....never expect anyone to give you his cc and on top ask him for otp too after that .

No one in their right mind will do that .

People here dont share their cc details. they either order it through their account once they get the money or you can share your account and they will order it for you once the money is paid.

Hope in future if you need help with cc here you would know how it works.
Cheers!

Exactly.I totally agree with you.

Sumit asked me for CC details and i also denied him like you did.

Hopefully people understand and DO NOT ASK FOR CREDIT CARD DETAILS and i REQUEST EVERYONE HERE NOT TO SHARE THEIR DETAILS WITH ANYONE.

if anyone needs a CC checkout, either let the CC holder to checkout using his account of share your login details for checkout.

Cheers!!

One need NOT share the real card details. It's simply too risky. Actually, I'm surprised people even asked that too in a tech forum.

I also won't suggest sharing shopping site account details with someone else to order an item. Shopping history, wishlists, etc., can be quite personal.

General suggestion for those who want to help:
create a virtual card with a limit at the value of the request, add 100 or so Rs. a tiny margin.
share this virtual card on WA or any other mode.
share the OTP as & when the other guy uses it (this requires coordination between the 2 guys).

this is a safe way for both parties.

One need NOT share the real card details. It's simply too risky. Actually, I'm surprised people even asked that too in a tech forum.

I also won't suggest sharing shopping site account details with someone else to order an item. Shopping history, wishlists, etc., can be quite personal.

create a virtual card with a limit at the value of the request, add 100 or so Rs. a tiny margin.
share the OTP as & when the other guy uses it (this requires coordination between the 2 guys).

Which cards or banks support virtual cards? Any extra charges or fees for this?

if you are looking for cc discount on amazon on RBL offer. I think it is only if you buy on EMI....so the person who buys this for you will have to pay interest and all also.
Just check to be sure though.
Yeah, it is the emi option. I am okay to pay the interest amount as well if it saves me reasonable amount in the end.

Just putting this here if anyone needs help from next month. I have IDFC Select Credit Card (2 actually as mine is addon card and wife has primary but still 2 card numbers). I had to book tickets for the new Jurassic park movie and found that my card has this offer where I can get 1 on 1 free (upto Rs. 250) and 2 on 2 free (Upto Rs. 500).

So for June 2022 month, I utilized this to buy myself 4 tickets for my family and paid 440 Rs less (each ticket was 220, so 220x4 = Rs. 880 - 440 less). I usually don't go to movies much and I am not sure after how many years we are going again.

So from next month, If someone wants to avail such an offer, you can message me. You can save Rs. 250 on each ticket, upto 2 tickets provided you book 1/2 tickets at full price. And since I have 2 card numbers, I think it may become 4 on 4 free. Booking has to be done using paytm mobile app.

Last edited:
Just putting this here if anyone needs help from next month. I have IDFC Select Credit Card (2 actually as mine is addon card and wife has primary but still 2 card numbers). I had to book tickets for the new Jurassic park ticket and found that my card has this offer where I can get 1 on 1 free (upto Rs. 250) and 2 on 2 free (Upto Rs. 500).

So for June 2022 month, I utilized this to buy myself 4 tickets for my family and paid 440 Rs less (each ticket was 220, so 220x4 = Rs. 880 - 440 less). I usually don't go to movies much and I am not sure after how many years we are going again.

So from next month, If someone wants to avail such an offer, you can message me. You can save Rs. 250 on each ticket, upto 2 tickets provided you book 1/2 tickets at full price. And since I have 2 card numbers, I think it may become 4 on 4 free. Booking has to be done using paytm mobile app.
I have 3-4 cards with the 1+1 offer and I never used them, so in that sense if anyone else wants to avail of movie tickets in general, I can help out as well.

SBI also allows for virtual cards on debit cards within the net banking site.

I always use virtual cards (HDFC bank) for my own use, for any amount.

This thread is about CREDIT CARDS. NOT DEBIT CARDS.
Virtual DEBIT CARDS can be generated NOT VIRTUAL CREDIT CARDS.
So, suggestions related to VIRTUAL CARDS is OFF-TOPIC here because MOST people in this thread are looking to apply CC discount offers.
The same cannot be done using virtual cards.

the safest way for a CC holder as well as ordering party:-
1.The CC holder order it for you. ( Always prefer this method )

Another safe way :-
Share the account temporarily and change the password later.(assuming 30 minutes at most to order any stuff)
And order history, wishlist is not that of a security concern compared to CC details and no one will go around and dig your history in few minutes while he is ordering stuff for you.

This thread is about CREDIT CARDS. NOT DEBIT CARDS.
Virtual DEBIT CARDS can be generated NOT VIRTUAL CREDIT CARDS.
So, suggestions related to VIRTUAL CARDS is OFF-TOPIC here because MOST people in this thread are looking to apply CC discount offers.
The same cannot be done using virtual cards.

the safest way for a CC holder as well as ordering party:-
1.The CC holder order it for you. ( Always prefer this method )

Another safe way :-
Share the account temporarily and change the password later.(assuming 30 minutes at most to order any stuff)
And order history, wishlist is not that of a security concern compared to CC details and no one will go around and dig your history in few minutes while he is ordering stuff for you.
This thread is about helping others with any card(debit or credit) . It may say Credit card ( because that is generally most widely used for shopping and avail discount offers) but it does not matter as long as any card does the job.

People are just sharing how to safely order for others . It is quite helpful actually.

This thread is about helping others with any card(debit or credit) . It may say Credit card ( because that is generally most widely used for shopping and avail discount offers) but it does not matter as long as any card does the job.

People are just sharing how to safely order for others . It is quite helpful actually.

First read follow up conversations.His post was VAGUE and didn't mention DEBIT cards anywhere.
i wanted to make it about facts.
Also, you cannot generalize safety for CC and DC.They work differently.

Back