"Do you have XYZ Credit Card?" Thread

I have an Amex Card which works if someone wants to pick something up from eBay.com

Citibank card as well but it's a shoppers top co branded one

Took @chetansha 's advice, set up a Google Pay account and also got in touch with Ebay who responded with a checkout URL that had the Google Pay payment option. Surprised to find that Google Pay has a web-based interface whereby they accept card payments (had mistakenly thought that Google Pay was phone-only).

Anyhow, my supposedly "Global" SBI debit cards (both my VISA and my wife's Mastercard) failed repeatedly, despite both being enabled for international transactions. The SBI inane customer care was unhelpful and keep suggesting that I enable the card for international transactions, which I already have done and clearly told them so. Also visited their local branch and made them understand the actual problem with some difficulty. Was asked to complain in writing and did so - not holding my breath over a solution, though.

Looking now to get a credit card that would work on at least Ebay.com and Amazon.com - and something that won't be a hassle to obtain and keep.

Took @chetansha 's advice, set up a Google Pay account and also got in touch with Ebay who responded with a checkout URL that had the Google Pay payment option. Surprised to find that Google Pay has a web-based interface whereby they accept card payments (had mistakenly thought that Google Pay was phone-only).

Anyhow, my supposedly "Global" SBI debit cards (both my VISA and my wife's Mastercard) failed repeatedly, despite both being enabled for international transactions. The SBI inane customer care was unhelpful and keep suggesting that I enable the card for international transactions, which I already have done and clearly told them so. Also visited their local branch and made them understand the actual problem with some difficulty. Was asked to complain in writing and did so - not holding my breath over a solution, though.

Looking now to get a credit card that would work on at least Ebay.com and Amazon.com - and something that won't be a hassle to obtain and keep.
Sharing my experience.

I've Fi and Jupiter debit cards,
they apparently have 0% extra fee but when I had used with grab Singapore the conversation rate charged for txn was ₹1-1.5 more expensive than Google search conversation rate.

Albeit less than general Indian credit card which may charge upwards of 3-4%, like sbi elite credit card had effective ~80₹ to usd in 2019 for buying fortnight skins.

Anybody with ICICI card?
Need to buy a surprise gift for wife so beware, might need to return it later if she doesn't like it.
Price would be 6k or less with 10% cashback so I guess I would be paying the amount paid - cashback amount

Hi, I am looking to buy S21 FE from flipkart can anyone with Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card or ICICI Bank Credit card help me with the purchase.

I need either ICICI/AXIS Bank Credit Card tonight at 12 for buying 2-3 products, total worth approx. 80k. Kindly help me out.

Back