"Do you have XYZ Credit Card?" Thread

IDFC Wealth has a weak reward rate would rather go with the Vistara one
Forgot about this newly launched card, yes that seems better for travel focused spends.

SC Ult makes sense as it's a totally no nonsense CC but redemption options aren't that strong
No travel related vouchers?

Thinking of Atlas as it's a traveller's oriented card but then again Axis
Atlas doesn't seem to be as easy to get as magnus so very less chances of widespread misuse & longer period of continued original benefits. Magnus devalued so early only because axis handed it out like a mid tier card(at one time any existing customer of axis holding 3 lakh limit could get it simply by calling customer care while any other bank card holder could also get it by simply giving an existing card statement with limit of 4 lakh+).

No travel related vouchers?
Well i don't travel much, secondly my father's spends are mostly due to work so he can't use award flites or hotel bookings for work related spends
Atlas doesn't seem to be as easy to get as magnus so very less chances of widespread misuse & longer period of continued original benefits. Magnus devalued so early only because axis handed it out like a mid tier card(at one time any existing customer of axis holding 3 lakh limit could get it simply by calling customer care while any other bank card holder could also get it by simply giving an existing card statement with limit of 4 lakh+).
Atlas is not considered a HNI card by Axis as it's joining fees is 5K+GST and actually it's easier to get

Well i don't travel much, secondly my father's spends are mostly due to work so he can't use award flites or hotel bookings for work related spends

Atlas is not considered a HNI card by Axis as it's joining fees is 5K+GST and actually it's easier to get
No grocery/apparels vouchers too(it is better to buy apparels etc from brand own offline showrooms as similar online stuff from same brand mostly is of inferior quality/first copy)?

(it is better to buy apparels etc from brand own offline showrooms as similar online stuff from same brand mostly is of inferior quality/first copy)?
Well what i've experienced till now is that for brand(ed) items if you're buying from e-com websites and the price is similar (by similar i mean slightly cheaper like 20% max) to the listing of the product in their own item then it's more than likely legit

Bought a pair of adidas sliders and I can feel that the product is genuine

Well what i've experienced till now is that for brand(ed) items if you're buying from e-com websites and the price is similar (by similar i mean slightly cheaper like 20% max) to the listing of the product in their own item then it's more than likely legit

Bought a pair of adidas sliders and I can feel that the product is genuine
I have seen comments from ppl claiming that the same product they bought online was inferior in quality to what they found at brand's own offline store. Don't forget that during some sales/card discount offers the price difference can be much more than 20%. Also, there is a new trend I have noticed where some models of a brand are "online exclusive" & can't be found in their offline stores(maybe due to image concern as online complaints can easily be passed off as fake/counterfeit products by 3rd party sellers/delivery persons instead of admitting that brand is selling inferior products online).

Ok I confused it with some other card. In any case, I have not yet heard about Atlas card in usual card misuse chatters so still safe to assume that its benefits will continue for a long time until some loophole to exploit it is found.

Nope. Once the card is issued bank can’t do anything
Not correct.
You cannot Close FD without surrendering the CARD because it is colletral based/ Secured Credit card.
May be they convert to unsecured card on request.It is again case to case basis.
i have first hand experience.
My first CC was against a FD.
You will need to request for a new card.Based on your spending and repayment , your relationship with bank etc they will decide at their discretion, Which card to issue or convert.

Not correct.
You cannot Close FD without surrendering the CARD because it is colletral based/ Secured Credit card.
May be they convert to unsecured card on request.It is again case to case basis.
You will need to request for a new card.Based on your spending and repayment , your relationship with bank etc they will decide at their discretion, Which card to issue or convert.
Anyway cannot make my father put 10L liquid in FD when I'm a big propagator of nifty ETFs

do a 15 lakh FD in hdfc and u'l get an infinia. after 3/4 months. once u get the card u can do whatever u like with the FD

If you close the FD won't the card get closed as it is an in lien issued card?

Also you can get it with a 10L FD

Nope. Once the card is issued bank can’t do anything

Not correct.

Anyway cannot make my father put 10L liquid in FD when I'm a big propagator of nifty ETFs
Infinia card is never issued against FD. Basically, what happens is that after opening such large amt of FD you become one of the top customers of a typical HDFC bank branch so manager comes under pressure to retain you so once you ask for infinia many managers will simply choose to send their recommendation to approve to credit card division to retain the relationship.

Infinia card is never issued against FD. Basically, what happens is that after opening such large amt of FD you become one of the top customers of a typical HDFC bank branch so manager comes under pressure to retain you so once you ask for infinia many managers will simply choose to send their recommendation to approve to credit card division to retain the relationship.

I’ve got mine against an FD. Had done the exact same thing. Closed the FD after 4 months. And the cards with me for over 2 years now.

I got mine that way. Aage dunno if they’ve tweaked the process

I’ve got mine against an FD. Had done the exact same thing. Closed the FD after 4 months. And the cards with me for over 2 years now.

I got mine that way. Aage dunno if they’ve tweaked the process
I think what @guest_999 mentioned and you both same. Basically infinia is not the card linked to FD, in other words its not secured card. Of-course you got infinia after creating FD of 10L, so your branch manager/some one raise a special request to CC division to issue a infinia card. Usually secured/FD linked card will be valid till FD is active.

Back