Do you use Ad-block (uBlock,Abp, etc) software?

Do you use ad-Block software?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can't live without uBlock Origin. For YouTube mobile, Newpipe or Vanced is a must..
I have used AdGuard windows and android app with trials in the past but left them after I learned about NextDNS. It can block all Ada there can ever be in the most lightweight manner. The filter are auto updated on cloud. The blocking is not processed locally so zero battery/perf hit. Great ease of use and convenience overall.
there's a limit of 300k dns lookups gets done in 12 days max, plus their dns servers are slowww...
I was using nextdns (pvt dns) but switched to adguard dns two days back. I don't see any benefit of it over nextdns. It doesn't rid the white spaces just like nextdns. I read somewhere that AdGuard removes the blank spaces but I guess that's only with the app. So I guess going back to NextDNS would be better.
on android use the app :)

there's a limit of 300k dns lookups gets done in 12 days max, plus their dns servers are slowww...
I've never exceeded that limit. :p Also I haven't experienced any slowdowns.. Idk, maybe I haven't observed well but it just works..
Also, you can enter the link in Android settings.. No need for the app...

Could someone tell me how to block ads on my mum's phone which is a PoS Asus Zenfone Max M1 running on Android 8? I tried installing NextDNS app and it blocks the ads fine but it also blocks GMail attachments among other things. There's no Private DNS option under Network/Internet as it's on Android 8 and also I tried configuring the modify Wi-Fi option with static mode and entering NextDNS addresses manually but it doesn't block any ads.

Could someone tell me how to block ads on my mum's phone which is a PoS Asus Zenfone Max M1 running on Android 8? I tried installing NextDNS app and it blocks the ads fine but it also blocks GMail attachments among other things. There's no Private DNS option under Network/Internet as it's on Android 8 and also I tried configuring the modify Wi-Fi option with static mode and entering NextDNS addresses manually but it doesn't block any ads.
Have you tried clearing cache and turning sync on while trying to access attachments? I have used NextDNS with Oreo for years yet I never encountered anything like that...

Have you tried clearing cache and turning sync on while trying to access attachments? I have used NextDNS with Oreo for years yet I never encountered anything like that...
You mean of GMail app? No, I haven't. Sync is always on regardless. I will try that and provide feedback whether it resolved it.

Have been using ABP on my desktop for many years and it works like charm but still I couldn't find a decent adblock for Android mobiles without root access.. Any suggestions for android is welcome.

Have been using ABP on my desktop for many years and it works like charm but still I couldn't find a decent adblock for Android mobiles without root access.. Any suggestions for android is welcome.
You can use Blokada for Android. Download it from their site or Fdroid.

Desktop - firefox+ublock origin with L2 configuration.

Android - Netguard - https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard , block all apps, except you know for sure they need to connect to internet and use firefox+ublock origin to block ads and tracking.
few sites will do drama as they will look for chrome - so you can install duckduckgo app version to mimic chrome & disable default chrome.
Avoid using app which has ads, and find their alternative. for example instead of official YT use new pipe - is better in every aspect. ( check f-droid for more details,)

if you need system wide - check DNS666, personalDNSfilter, RethinkDNS , Adguard - Keep in mind all uses DNS based blocking, using these wont let you use any VPN services.
I somehow feel Blokada v5 doesn work as expected and will create trouble in many apps.

Adblock
Adblock plus
AdGuard
Fair Adblocker
uBlocker - Ad Block Tool for Chrome 1.4.5
Autopagerize
I use these main extensions in my google chrome browser.

Adblock
Adblock plus
AdGuard
Fair Adblocker
Autopagerize
Adblock allows some ads based on who pay them. Get ublock orgin which is open source and has no bias

I have both ab,abp also,the real case occurs when some younger brother or sister comes and ask to surf the internet and then the whole dirty ads keeps coming again and again and we don't have any further knowledge of how to prevent and rectify the clicks.

Adblock
Adblock plus
AdGuard
Fair Adblocker
Autopagerize
No offense but this makes no sense to me. One effective ad blocking extension with an additional fallback via DNS blocking (PiHole/NextDNS) is enough. Having so many extensions running at once will only worsen your browsing experience. They all run on similar lists so you get no additional protection by running them concurrently.

Please take a look at privacytools.io - use uBlock Origin, containers and maybe others like Clean URLs, Privacy Badger, Cookie AutoDelete if you need them.

If you absolutely need a Chrome based browser, Brave would be a better choice than Chrome.

Any way of blocking ads on iPhone I use firefox which is kind of good but any other replacement ?

This page contains profile for installation. Or just open the following link. It will install a prof which can be activat from VPN config in settings. Alternatively you also can use NextDNS profile. But I found it to be not that effective.

And for extra protection, download lockdown app. Make sure to turn on background refresh for this one if not already on. It will block all the trackers.

No offense but this makes no sense to me. One effective ad blocking extension with an additional fallback via DNS blocking (PiHole/NextDNS) is enough. Having so many extensions running at once will only worsen your browsing experience. They all run on similar lists so you get no additional protection by running them concurrently.

Please take a look at privacytools.io - use uBlock Origin, containers and maybe others like Clean URLs, Privacy Badger, Cookie AutoDelete if you need them.

If you absolutely need a Chrome based browser, Brave would be a better choice than Chrome.
Ok and tq which web browser I should use for the best experience.There is a huge list of web browsers and search engines..Which one would be the best choice?

Ok and tq which web browser I should use for the best experience.There is a huge list of web browsers and search engines..Which one would be the best choice?
If you want the best browsing experience irrespective of privacy concerns - Chrome.
If you need performance of Chrome and still want some privacy, Brave.
If you can deal with a 99% OK browsing experience + reasonable privacy, and want to support open web, Firefox (with addons).

Firefox with DuckDuckGo search engine as your primary browser. Brave with Google as your secondary browser would be a good place to start.

If you want the best browsing experience irrespective of privacy concerns - Chrome.
If you need performance of Chrome and still want some privacy, Brave.
If you can deal with a 99% OK browsing experience + reasonable privacy, and want to support open web, Firefox (with addons).

Firefox with DuckDuckGo search engine as your primary browser. Brave with Google as your secondary browser would be a good place to start.
And what are the main addons of mozilla firefox.tq

Back