DOTA 2 - Discussion Thread

ROFL. There is a description in the chest which says that the more you open the "higher" chance you get at the Rare/Ultra Rare loot. Someone on /r claimed that he opened 30 sets and got the standard crap. The "higher chance" is really vague but since some people have got them i think there is 1:500 (could be higher) of opening the treasures. I wonder how much money people spent on this. What is the current value for those Ultra Rare treasures?
Btw what is this Rylai Wheel which i keep hearing of? I know that some people got Arcanas out of it.

So when you buy the compendium you need to level up and every level has certain rewards so after every 6-7 level you get that rylais spin wheel u spin a wheel and u get random treasures my wheel did not even come close to arcana its always on the opposite side.

Yes definitely. Although the higher the price the slower they sell. From the market history someone bought a darkclaw for 17k today morning. Below 10k they will sell within hours, above that you might have to wait a bit.

So basically sellers will soon compete against each other for lower price just to get their items sold and there will be further price drop at a ridiculous pace like the one we witnessed with TI immortals. Ouch!
As someone who used to be a "trader" it sucks. But I'm glad this is an ultra rare. Not many people can screw it for other sellers. Want to spoil the market economy? _|_

Last edited:
After gathering a lot of patience & playing with bots for hrs I finally learned the basics of this game. I won't say I enjoy playing it but what I liked are the artwork & the music of this game. They are really good.:D
Anyways I would like to play with you experienced guys (Preferably in your smurf account since I am new & unranked) to learn more about the competitive scenario.:) If its possible for you then pls do let me know.

Looks like I'm the only one here without the compendium. T_T
How about we play co-op bot (insane <-still sucks!)? 5 humans vs 5 bots. Anyone interested?

Insane bot cheats. For players learning new heroes I would recommend hard bots, they can last hit and deny very well and will always chain their stuns/disables. For absolute new beginners I suggest medium bots.

Looks like I'm the only one here without the compendium. T_T
How about we play co-op bot (insane <-still sucks!)? 5 humans vs 5 bots. Anyone interested?
I am interested.

I played on easy bots & still got owned.:p (First match against bots) Need to practice more. Btw I am only practicing with these characters now sven & Luna.
Please pm your steam Id's I will add you guys. Btw It will be nice if we can get all 5 guys. :)

Another thing winter pass is now not available on steam official dota 2 store. Therefore the guys who had bought extra passes last week are having a blast selling them for insanely high amount.:hilarious:

Last edited:
I am interested.

I played on easy bots & still got owned.:p (First match against bots) Need to practice more.
You should learn how to last hit, know when to gank and take opportunity of the runes. For eg. Sven with a double-damage/haste rune can easily get solo kills. Do you know when jungle creeps/rune spawn. When i play bots i stack creeps whenever i can.
Another thing winter pass is now not available on steam official dota 2 store. Therefore the guys who had bought extra passes last week are having a blast selling them for insanely high amount.:hilarious:
Well fact is no one expected it to be this good or profitable. The past compendiums sucked donkeyass so they didn't want to buy. I guess many people are after it now because of how profitable the rare/ultra rare rewards are.

You should learn how to last hit, know when to gank and take opportunity of the runes. For eg. Sven with a double-damage/haste rune can easily get solo kills. Do you know when jungle creeps/rune spawn. When i play bots i stack creeps whenever i can.
Runes spawns in river & the jungle or neutral creeps spawn after 30 secs I only engage with them after my character has crossed level 10 or has become strong enough. I am currently concentrating with the last hits. Currently I only know these which the tutorial taught me. :(

Have you ever watched a replay or live stream? If no you should. There are lots of guides on youtube.

know when to gank and take opportunity of the runes. For eg. Sven with a double-damage/haste rune can easily get solo kills. Do you know when jungle creeps/rune spawn. When i play bots i stack creeps whenever i can.
This is like study for degree first, you will automatically know the basics from your KG to 10th standard :). All he needs to know at the moment is to last hit and start playing alongside a team mate. understand the basics of build and get accustomed to damages from the champs. Learn to farm, push and retreat when needed.

Take it slow and steady.

The price is same as it was when launched? I bought it on release for Rs 519. It is still Rs 519 even after the dollar rate change.

Back