Downloading RIG

Will be going for the recommended Intel Atom+2GB SODIMM+2TB WD Green HDD. Trying to source the CM Elite 100 and should be done. Would need to Wi-Fi dongle via USB.

Happy DL+SEED Rig+Storage RIG. :)

I require a similar solution for a download rig but it should also act as a media player,web browser & must have 1 free 1x pci-x slot

Hi,

I have a doubt.

I recently purchased the Belkin SHARE router and everthing is working fine. but i need help for the following

1) I want to schedule a disconnect/turn off on the router at around 8am in the morning cause I have only night free
2) how do I setup torrents on this? It has an USB port which i use to share data wirelessly

Please help

off topic

i want to know is that possible to download from file hosting sites using router+hdd combination other than torrets.

Guys i still need suggestion as i still could think of what to buy? :( Also whoever is saying Asus RT-N13U. Man i have a reliance broadband. Will it work on that plus i have 4 external HDD's so that's not a problem. :)

Altair said:
Guys i still need suggestion as i still could think of what to buy? :( Also whoever is saying Asus RT-N13U. Man i have a reliance broadband. Will it work on that plus i have 4 external HDD's so that's not a problem. :)

Wired or wireless..??

It works on every wired broadband modem...

Just connect the lan cable to router and from router to pc.. its simple...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Networks- ASUS RT-N13U

I don't remember the exact prices, but let me put this up here:
1. Intel Atom D425KT - 3150/-
2. DDR3 2GB Ram (laptop RAM) - 950/-
3. 106GB Seagate HDD - 1650/-
4. LG DVD writer - 1100/-
5. Cabinet with 500W SMPS (local made though) - 1350/-
6. Flexible USB keyboard - 350/-

Total came to something 8500/- with tax

Had a wireless mouse and CRT 15" monitor at home. So excluded those.
Not much worried about the monitor, as the PC screen will remain off most of the times (download rig, right).

Hope that helps. This is from second week Sept. 2011. Prices from Mumbai.

dinjo said:
If you are looking to download 1-2 torrent file simultaneously then get Asus RT-N13U router its sleek great router as well download rig.You can also look at Seagate Dockstar which can handle more.

And if you have a budget around get Tonido Plug and relax , BTW all these devices do not consume more than 8W and can be kept on for continuously for 1 month

Out of the three options you mentioned,which is the most Convenient one?I mean the Cheapest?

I have a budget Limited to 5k.

And would i be able to remotely Access files,when i will be away from router and also how does the torrent downloading works on this router??

Back