Dragon Age 2 - Discussion Thread

[7:50] Moving swiftly onto Dragon Age 2. "When you press a button, something awesome happens," according to BioWare.

[7:51] It will be available March 11, 2011, in Europe; March 8, 2011, in the US.

Just read this conversation in gamespot. And i;m damn excited.:eek:hyeah:

Source

You may need to scroll the page a little. :p

Official trailer thanks to damn's post.

Dragon Age II

February 22, 2011 marks the launch of the Dragon Age II Demo and a Call to Arms for all BioWare fans. We are actively recruiting an army of Champions, and if we get over 1 million demo downloads and logins on the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 combined before March 1st, we will unlock two in-game items for the entire community to use in Dragon Age II. Demo download progress will be tracked on this page, so check back often!

To get your download counted, you will need to log into your EA account while playing the demo.

- http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/demo/

Its been a very long time, since we PC gamers had a demo of a AAA game.

Re: Dragon Age II

Being downloaded tonight definitely. Screw Epic Games & Cliffy B for "not being bothered" to give PC a demo of Bulletstorm. I'm going to pirate that game out of spite. Being more importantly, I want to play Dragon Age 2 really really bad.

I quick searched "Dragon Age" found no thread on first page.. and the last post on the first page was dated 1 spe, 10. (Apparently, the thread you have mentioned had it's last update in mid august) So.. thought of creating a new one.

Just completed the first mission. They tweaked the game to make it fast phased.. unlike the first one. I was able to clear hordes of blight and an ogre in no time. Visuals are smooth and frames are solid. There is DX9 and DX11 support (No DX10!!). But game world felt a bit rough and empty, as there isn't much greenery here.. barren lands, rocks and bare tree trunks. And the thing that deserves a special mention is.. interface. They have changed it completely and new interface looks and behaves uber smooth.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

thanks for the info krishna. finished the download, will check it out tonight. I was really hoping for the game to be faster for more darkspawn pwnage, and looks like they're planning to deliver on that =D

Also, i really really do NOT like that stupid excess blood all over your face all the time. thats so annoying and distracting >_< wish they had done something about that. I understand marks & bruises and a lil blood on the face from time to time, but its not like people have ever liked roaming around & talking with blood all over their face -_-

The new interface and the emptiness in the game is boring...

I downloaded the game with so much interest and it has seriously disappointed me.. :-(

Finished playing the demo and

1- Gfx look SICK

2- Playing any melee class is EXTREMELY CUBERSOME. Its total bloody chaos. On the other hand i LOVE playing the mage. Maybe its just my style. Don't know if anybody else found it so.

3- The animations and effects were awesome. Everything from spells to attacking just looks so fluid. Adds another sense of realism to the gameplay.

4- I want to bang "Captain" Isabella. It is disturbing.

Really looking forward to playing the full game next wekk =)

agree , also played the demo .

Melee class is not as enjoyable to play as compared to mage .

Takes lot of time to kill all the darkspawn around , while the mage had Fire based AOE spells making it a piece of cake .

Also did u have issues with changing the view , i meam looking around .

In all many changes to UI . :)

vamsi_krishna said:
I think I should try as a Mage now. Never chose any class beyond Warrior. :(
Mages rule :p Played Origins as a mage and my party almost always had Morrigan and the elderly lady (forgot her name :ashamed: )

Went ahead and ordered Origins Ultimate Edition yesterday :p Hoping to get DA II Signature Edition. Is it available anywhere in retail ?

Back