Dragon Age 2 - Discussion Thread

Re: Dragon Age II

imo its a 30 hour long game.been playing it for the last 5 or so days.its very very addictive.also will advice to play on casual or normal difficulty coz some of the missions are very very tough.

Just ordered.....am going legit with whatever games I play. Free loading was good, but I do respect some of these developers and I rather pay them for the effort.

vantheman5211 said:
imo its a 30 hour long game.been playing it for the last 5 or so days.its very very addictive.also will advice to play on casual or normal difficulty coz some of the missions are very very tough.
Does the 30 hours include main quests alone? If not, apprx how much percentage of side quests did you do in your 30 hours?

BTW, anyone know when prashant is expected to ship this. I ordered it 2 weeks back.

EDIT: Just read this http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/03/04/10-things-you-should-know-about-dragon-age-ii.aspx?PageIndex=4%29.&PostPageIndex=2. So, its not that short I guess
It’s Shorter, But Not Short
I finished Dragon Age II, along with every sidequest, in approximately 40 hours. While that isn’t the 70 hours it took me to play through Origins, it’s still a large chunk of time, and I certainly didn’t feel cheated by the amount of content.

^^^ i did skip few side chapters in curiosity to know the main story line.in total its definitely a 35 hour to 40 hour game.

Ordered the Signature Edition. Not even bothered to download the *ahem* one. Bought the Ultimate Edition of Dragon Age : Origins last week and that is keeping me busy now (continuing from where I left off from the dl last year :p) and currently in the last level of the main campaign. Finished Leliana's Song in the meanwhile. Have Golems of Amgarrak and Awakenings to go. So, I have my hands full :D

And yes, mages rule !! The only melee warrior I like is Shale - He has made life very easy since joining my party :D

I don't know the exact duration of the Main Quests. But Overall, it has been reported that it will take some 40+ hours (including side quests). A bit low compared to DAO's 60Hour campaign.

There is High Res texture pack available which is highly GPU intensive. Texture pack is available on torrents. They say it is best applied for DX11 copies. Not sure how it will look on DX10.

Apparently people were complaining that DA2 looked worse than DA1 for some reason. and that is why Bioware already released the high res texture pack. This is what i have read from several forums.

You require a GPU with at least 1024mb memory and it has to run in dx11 else u wont notice any changes. that basically filters out 95% of the game's crowd lol. self defeating requirements.

On the bright side, at least they didn't fall to EA's pressure and make this pack Project $10 -.-

Back