Dragon Age 2 - Discussion Thread

Re: Dragon Age II

vamsi_krishna said:
I think I should try as a Mage now. Never chose any class beyond Warrior. :(
Mage was the most powerful class in dao. Virulent Walking bomb ftw. :D

Never liked warrior. Slow and boring. :p
Rogue class is also awesome.

Also the demo story did not seems coherent , looks like it skips across different Acts ( i know it does not have diff acts as say diablo 2 had ) .
Hope so ... coz else it does not look good ( i mean the intro story ) as compared to Origin stories as in original game .

Yes, it skips through the game, which is pretty obvious. Each quest would be quite long considering its an open world game and u cant have an open world demo being 4-5 hours long. Rather they have just given us a taste of things to come. It looks quite exciting.

i am loving it since they have made it hack and slash.the battle mode of the 1st one was something which made it a little bit boring.the 1st game was also very tough eventhough i had chosen the lowest level of difficulty.

Hey thanks for the heads up on the older game. Just checked and the ultimate version is available on ebay for 950 bucks. ! :)

I was waiting for a long time for them to come up with a gold or platinum version which had the old game + the expansion pack.

snow said:
Also the demo story did not seems coherent , looks like it skips across different Acts ( i know it does not have diff acts as say diablo 2 had ) .

Hope so ... coz else it does not look good ( i mean the intro story ) as compared to Origin stories as in original game .
the story is not coherent in the demo,but i am pretty much intrigued by the story-telling method used and am waiting for the finished product.

P.S.Do not understand why they did not include DX10 mode in the demo :s

I think, If we select DX11, it will switch to the last available DX option. DX10 or 10.1. There isn't an option for DX10, but if we choose DX11, the cards with DX10,10.1 support will get DX10/10.1

I had a similar experience with Civilization V.

Game ran smooth in 8600M GT when Dx9 selected, but ran like crap with Dx11.
Although I need to say that I am impressed with the demo. And the plus thing is main character talks.

Hey are any dealers selling this on TE ?.

When is it releasing in india ?

Abroad is 8th March right ....

this is a big improvement over dragon age 1.loving it so far.the graphics are similar in terms of dragon age 1 but the battle system has a vast number of improvements.

Back