eBay India - Coupons & Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so i found where the old number is there. It is under primary contact information and the primary number is old number and all my main address and all is there. But there is no way to change the primary number. The website allows me to change everything except the primary number. I guess only way is to contact ebay and tell them to do it.

Ok so i found where the old number is there. It is under primary contact information and the primary number is old number and all my main address and all is there. But there is no way to change the primary number. The website allows me to change everything except the primary number. I guess only way is to contact ebay and tell them to do it.

I was facing this same issue last year. i updated my no. from my ebay>account>primary shipping address>telephone number

Attachments

• fnhfgn.jpg
    fnhfgn.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 245
Was planning on getting an imported lg g3. One seller is selling this for 31915. Was planning to use HDFC 10% discount (max 3000). Was working on Tuesday, gave me 3000 off but unfortunately didnt buy. When trying to buy this yesterday, it tells me the coupon is not applicable for this item. None of the coupons are working for any of the items on sale by this particular seller(he is a top seller. Has around 17k trades). Any idea why that might be?
Cos it's selected by ebay and its a deal of the day/week.

Quick question here. What will I be charged by customs if I order some clothing items on ebay.com? I was looking to buy some today and found some on ebay.com. Someone please tell me so that I can proceed further. By the way I'm in Bangalore now.

I have two addresses in Bangalore to get them delivered. One is Rammurthy Nagar and other is GR Tech Park.

Thanks in advance.

^.. Tell the seller to send the product marked as gift.. then you won't be charged anything.. As per Indian customs any article with a max value of Rs. 10k sent as gift from an individual to another does not attract customs duty..

But this might not work every-time & customs could be charged if the department feels like..

In Bangalore, the customs officials are quite honest (atleast by my experience), so you will get charged whatever is rightfully due.
Marking as gift usually is more a source of trouble.

[citation needed]

Google is your friend.. :p

3) Can someone send a gift through post?
The Bonafide gifts up to a value limit of Rs.10,000/-, imported by post, are exempt from Basic and Additional Customs duties in terms Notification No.171/93-Cus, dated 16-9- 1993. Further, only those items can be imported as gifts, which are not prohibited for importation under Foreign Trade (Development and Regulation) Act, 1992. The sender of the gift may not necessarily be residing in the country from where the goods have been dispatched and any person abroad can send the gifts to relatives, business associates, friends, companies and acquaintances. The gifts have to be for bonafide personal use. The purpose of this stipulation is that the person receives the gift genuinely free and the payment is not made for it through some other means. The quantity and frequency of the gifts should not give rise to the belief that it is used as a route to transfer money. The gifts can be received by individuals, societies, institutions, like schools and colleges and even corporate bodies.

For calculating the value limit of Rs.10,000/- in case of imports of gifts, postal charges or the airfreight is not taken into consideration. The value of Rs.10,000/- is taken as the value of the goods in the country from where these were dispatched.

If the value of the gifts received is more than Rs.10,000/-, the receiver has to pay Customs duty on the whole consignment, even if the goods were received free, unsolicited. In addition, at the discretion of the Assistant/ Deputy Commissioner, if the goods are restricted for import, the receiver has a liability for penalty for such import, even if the goods have been sent unsolicited. The restricted goods are also liable to confiscation and receiver has to pay redemption fine in lieu of confiscation in addition to duty and penalty. Certain prohibited goods like narcotic drugs, arms, ammunition, obscene films/printed material etc. are liable to absolute confiscation and the receiver is liable to penal action, even if the goods have been sent unsolicited.

Customs duty is chargeable on gifts assessed over Rs.10,000/- by the Customs. In case of post parcel, the customs department assesses the duty payable and the postal department collects the assessed duty from the receiver of the gift and subsequently deposits it with the customs.

http://www.accmumbai.gov.in/aircargo/import/faq.html

Promocode: EBAYICICI1

Eligible customers: ICICI Bank credit and debit card customers

Offer: 10% off, max discount upto Rs 3,000
Validity: 14th Jan 2015 to 17th Jan 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back