eBay India Hot Deals and Coupons

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ rocker123..
I recently ordered some screen guards and an iphone case from ebay.com... IT has been a week now..the seller says that they have shipped the item..
Lets see, if it gets delivered..The stuff they have is pretty cheap..i am dicey about the delivery myself though..

Harpy.eagle said:
On a side note was having a doubt about assured gift i should have received last yr :(.
I was expecting couple of moser baer dvd players which i didnt get. For communication i used their chatting option for talking to their CC as readymade useless reply in mail worthless i thought. But it looks like they dont keep record of chats. After several such sessions i could talk to their supervisor and he bluntly denied any records of any communication and said, sir you have not corresponded in this regard with us in this period so you are now not eligible for the 'assured' gift. I said WTF, i have records of all chat and all... etc.
Anyway learn from my mistake and keep some records through email as well for any communication. Unfortunately (or may be its planned) their chatting program doesnt send transcripts and you have to manually copy past text from it (which loses authenticity). So you cant prove its original.

....my 2 cents.

Most likely its like, when they run out of gifts stock they stop sending them to remaining people as there are hundreds of people cheated like me posting rant on web. At least now they have improved system with not accepting coupon code when they dont have gift products.
Probably after threatening legal action by several users.

Unfortunately i / most people dont have time to fight with them for getting assured gift.
It is for this very reason that I do not believe in chat. Rather, contact the customer care through mail, and for every such communication, select the option to send a copy to your email, so that you have a record in your inbox. That said, through continuous follow-up, ebay does send those gifts. My case is a classic example. I had availed a hard drive as gift in the Monsoon offer/ New Year offer in December 2009. I ultimately got the gift in May 2010, after a mail to the CC every alternate week. It does get annoying and irritating after some time, but you have nothing to lose other than typing a mail every once in a while. :)

What is the procedure to check with the local post office ??
Do i need to make a visit to the nearby post office or could be done online or by some telephonic conversation on their call center?
and how can i get my records retrieved ?

siril_k said:
Strange i have ordered more than 25 items from ebay.com from $0.01 to $12 all have reached at my doorstep within 15-18 days Sharp, all items were shipped via HK post Airmail(also all sellers were Chinees :ashamed:) & were delivered to me by my local postman all time..

I guess there is something fishy in local delivery, do you know your postman personally i mean to say has he delivered parcels to you earlier, also you need to sign the printed sheet which contains Seller & buyer details.

Also these Chinees sellers r pretty fast in refunding payment if item is not proper, i always get immediate refund if i raise any concern.(I pay using Paypal)

So just check with local delivery office if there had been any parcels in your name in past months or so..

rocker123 said:
What is the procedure to check with the local post office ??
Do i need to make a visit to the nearby post office or could be done online or by some telephonic conversation on their call center?
and how can i get my records retrieved ?
No online tracking is not possible with HK post airmail, niether you have online tracking in Indian post (not even a regd speed post in India gives correct info on tracking) so forget Online stuff or even Telephoon

Do this, Visit the post office which falls under pin code you use, there they have records of parcels or airmails shipped from India or Abroad, now suppose seller shipped item on 14 Oct 2010 then the item should reach you in atleast 3 weeks means approx. on 3 Nov 2010, now to get details or access to records you need to convince post office clerk or you can even get in touch with your postman who delivers post to you. In the proces you might even need to bribe.

I know above things are fussy & not worth amt of item you bought but sometimes the item is not available in India & we desperately need it then you can use above suggestion.

^ If you don't receive the item, just contact the seller, most of them times he will refund you the amount as he doesn't want to get a negative feedback.

thunder.dragon said:
Congo man!! did they notified you??
Thanks man. No they din't notify(they never do with free gifts). I placed another order on 23rd and waiting for free HDD too. Hopefully it will also arrive soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back