Ebay: Rant!! :(

This is really really sad. Even the part, that eBay hung the phone line on you, 2x. A portal like this should be banned to sell in India. They are running a scam/fraud. Totally uncalled for.

@asingh , I asked them about it today, they said that its not possible to cut the line from there end, untill I cut the line, would love to see someone buy a small article from sky.way and put in a -ve review on his profile, would even fund the item if required,
Imagined someone doing it for me, felt so good!! mmmmmmm.... ;)

and yes they said that they recieved the photos only after I had closed it, they are not willing to look into the fact that the attachment was not there as they have a limit of 5MB, there is clear mentioned of my worded letter to them explaining them about the individual photos they have confirmed reciept but since the pics where not emailed to them before they are refusing to look into it as a form of evidence, their only consideration is that the phone was water damaged and the seller it seems have gotten a letter from the Samsung Service Center declaring the same. and when I asked them to forward me the letter they said they cannot do that as its against company policy.

request for others, please put it a word on ebay facebook page where I have put in my complaint, would love to get couple more words of encouragement out there.

Last edited:
wow this is so disheartning...I am never ever buying anything from ebay again even if I have to pay much more....also, I will make sure to dissuade anybody from buying on ebay as far as I can

have also put it up on my timeline so none of my friends buy from ebay again

wow this is so disheartning...I am never ever buying anything from ebay again even if I have to pay much more....also, I will make sure to dissuade anybody from buying on ebay as far as I can

have also put it up on my timeline so none of my friends buy from ebay again

Post it on ebay page on facebook, they these people know.

Some points here

1. OP can't prove the seal was broken when he received it. I don't know how to do that at all. Courier won't let you open the package without taking possession and once you do you can't prove you did not break the seal.

2. OP can't prove the he did not cause water damage to the phone.

Moment you get asked to prove negatives you are in trouble. That is not your job, rather it should be the seller that has to affirm the positive, ie that he sent a working phone in a sealed package. Can anybody tell me WHO was responsible for verifying that ?

Where was ebay in this process, does ebay inspect the packages sent to verify they are correct. If all they do is just deal with money then ebay can't offer support to either side. They have to cancel the transaction as soon as buyer returns the faulty merchandise.

Instead, seller sends water damaged phone, takes the money and accuses OP of fraud.

The distressing bit about this episode is even if you were fully aware of the above, there is no way you could prevent it. Or at least i can't think of a way other than not buying from ebay in the first place.

A seller can send a damaged phone and the buyer is pretty much stuck with it !

What i don't understand is how ebay released the OP's money to the seller despite him raising an objection within the stipulated time frame.

This is so basic, how could ebay go global at all if it was this easy to screw customers around.

Last edited:
@asingh , I asked them about it today, they said that its not possible to cut the line from there end, untill I cut the line, would love to see someone buy a small article from sky.way and put in a -ve review on his profile, would even fund the item if required,
Imagined someone doing it for me, felt so good!! mmmmmmm.... ;)

and yes they said that they recieved the photos only after I had closed it, they are not willing to look into the fact that the attachment was not there as they have a limit of 5MB, there is clear mentioned of my worded letter to them explaining them about the individual photos they have confirmed reciept but since the pics where not emailed to them before they are refusing to look into it as a form of evidence, their only consideration is that the phone was water damaged and the seller it seems have gotten a letter from the Samsung Service Center declaring the same. and when I asked them to forward me the letter they said they cannot do that as its against company policy.

request for others, please put it a word on ebay facebook page where I have put in my complaint, would love to get couple more words of encouragement out there.

How much you can pay, if nice , i can get his account closed :D :D

i think the catch here is buying phones with seller warranty... always asking for trouble...
What does seller warranty mean ?

I take a warranty to mean they will fix any problems (within reason) at their cost.

But in this case he sells a damaged phone for less and then expects the customer to pay to fix it. Anyway i got the answer to a question i had asked some time back about buying second hand phones off the street with a warranty, they give you a 2 day testing period.

if the phone is water damaged then problems will not show up in those 2 days, they might show up anytime later. With phones that are unibody its impossible to tell if there is any water damage without dissassembly anyway.

Where is the moisture sensor located in the mini-S3 ?

^ means the warranty is not honoured/not applicable to the manufacturer, and the seller takes the responsibility for replacing/repairing the device in the warranty period.

here even manufacturer warranty is pathetic in many cases, micromax etc, then you can guess what ll happen to seller warranty, unless you know the seller personally.

plus the seller giving "stuff with seller warranty" probably pushes off smuggled/sparingly used/refurbished stuff for a low price and there is only so much he can do to repair or replace, when problems arise

there's some program on CNBC. don't remember its name. its about getting justice to such victims of fraud. CNBC takes up your case. I don't know if they ask money or not.

Even I have been cheated by Ebay India. I bought a few items from them in Aug 2012. I had used some coupons while purchasing these items - Ebay India has still not sent me my free gifts.

A list of Sellers to avoid along with the reason, should also be put in the same thread. I mean a list of those Sellers who ships items very late or sent bad quality or damaged items or use bad courier services.

there's some program on CNBC. don't remember its name. its about getting justice to such victims of fraud. CNBC takes up your case. I don't know if they ask money or not.
Name of that show is Pehredaar, they don't take any money. I don't know any way to contact them it might OP need to find out

I am most done with them,
Its just that I will try to avoid buying from ebay as much as I can, espicially high value items,
General computer spares and other small change it will be difficult to avoid them,
Planning to ask ebay to have the seller ship back the item to me and then sell it off locally and buy a samsung grand or other equivalent phone, bad thing is that no spare cash! to invest without recalling and selling off the old Samsung S3 Mini,

I would have avoided eBay for the laptop I just bought but the discount which came yesterday was just hard to resist.
There was a flat 10% discount coupon yesterday from 12 pm to 4 pm. No max limit. I got 2300 Rs off on the laptop price.

This is so bad and scary. I shopped with confidence on eBay for so long, but all is gone with this one incident. This is sad in so many ways. I shudder to think what would have happened if something like this happened when I bought my dslr from eBay. I would have been so majorly screwed :(

Back