Ebay: Rant!! :(

sellers like sky.way are protected sellers and even if u leave a negative feedback, it gets removed within an hour.

I just purchased an item from ebay 2 days back using netbanking. After the banking module session expired as ebay was not responding and I got a message payment in progress and payment would be confirmed within 24 hours. After 30 hours also, order was not confirmed so I called up cust care. My money was deducted and still order not confirmed. The cust care guys says our system randomly picks up a transaction to check their systems functioning and the system would verify the payment in next 72 hours.

I wanted to shout at him, hell is this a lottery where I am the luck one. Anyways, after much complaints, it got verified yesterday evening.

All I see is rants.. Ebay says that do not accept the item if the contents of the package are not as advertised.

What the OP, you should have done is open the package in front if the courier and done a close scrutiny. If there was an issue taken pictures, raised a claim and shipped the package back.

Going back to the seller after 15 days does wonders to the buyer's credibility. And from the looks of it, the phone came with no manufacturer's warranty. Tsk Tsk..

Penny wise, Pound foolish..

People remember, if something is too good to be true; it isn't..

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2

So are we going to make a separate thread for listing the bad sellers and their reasons and your experiences with them and if possible with the contact of the seller like mobile etc.

@ Gannu.. They might not.. What I imply is do the checks when you receive the goods, not after 30 days when the device acts funny.

In such situations, if you need to blame someone.. look only in the mirror..

I have brought multiple stuff from ebay, had issues with 2 sellers sending me fake goods. Received the good, checked online/via the company's CC, got to know it is fake.. called/emailed the seller and raised a dispute with full information in 24 hours. Both instances got the refund without having to send reminders.

Also, I ensured that I brought goods with Manufacturer's warranty even if it was a notch costlier than the ones with "Seller Warranty" which AFAIK is useless.

In trying to save a pretty penny, people end up putting themselves in trouble.. And then such threads happen.Which are no more than rants..

@ Gannu.. They might not..

Might? Are you assuming? Because you could try next time and confirm it yourself. I've had the experience at least on 2 different occasions when:

a. I had received my DSLR through Blue Dart.

b. I had received the Lumia 520 through DTDC.

Being high-value goods, I wanted to open the consignment and check it. Both of them refused. They handed over the consignment only after I had signed on their docket receipts.

kkchhetri01 said:
What I imply is do the checks when you receive the goods, not after 30 days when the device acts funny.

We are implying the same here.

All I see is rants.. Ebay says that do not accept the item if the contents of the package are not as advertised.

What the OP, you should have done is open the package in front if the courier and done a close scrutiny. If there was an issue taken pictures, raised a claim and shipped the package back.

Going back to the seller after 15 days does wonders to the buyer's credibility. And from the looks of it, the phone came with no manufacturer's warranty. Tsk Tsk..

Penny wise, Pound foolish..

People remember, if something is too good to be true; it isn't..

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2
Did you even read the OP?
"
Opened the package, set up the phone, used it for 2 hours all was fine,

After which battery was low used the charger and when it was plugged it, realized it was not working,

Contacted the seller on phone the next day and asked him that I ship the phone back to him for replacement or will he arrange a replacement charger, he said He will replace the charger.

Waited for 4-5 days, didn’t received and then emailed him about it"

Only issue is he was trusting of the seller. Personally, I would have sent the phone back the very next day. Please read before even giving advice.

@ Gannu.. LOL.. Bad for you.. I always insist on seeing the declaration form that courier companies make the sender sign and open the package, else I simply refuse delivery. Any issues, I ask to speak to the manager. Simple. That is what I follow, you might want to try it next time.

@ sharktale.. I believe your shark senses deceived you this time.. Please read the OP again and reach Now here is where the story starts....

All the issues begin with the phone being a factory second and not having warranty. A factory second electronic good is pretty easy to identify due to it having some stupid sticker in a place easily noticeable.

It is a simple case of getting too excited to forego the due dilligence and then blaming the whole world.

Not trying to defend the bad guy here, but receiving a white phone in a black phone packaging should have set off several red flags.

I would like to add here that major problem, even with power sellers, is that they do not supply proper vat bill. When u contact the seller standard reply is will send in a day. But he just buys time for 30 days and when u do get it its again fake.

Actually I did too. This guy sold over 100 pieces of Duos in 3 days and now this. If he makes up the volume, its fine. I am just saying this might just turn nasty.

Back