Encounter with Noobs !!!!

There is an architect in my office, he has done his masters from Italy.

One day he came to me with particular error we face in inter office popup message, restart the computer & its gone.

I told him the same, he came back after 2 minutes telling me, "my pc does not have restart facility"

I have seen some people from US saying internet is so fast there the HDD cannot even store data at that rate ****ers didn't even realise someone else was writing data to there disk and on top of it they say they get 15Mbps and that too FUP and when asked about FUP says they dont have anything like that in US

If you are in US, you do not even need to have a big HDD to download 24x7. Things can be obtained on demand as the time required to procure is very less due to high speeds. Or in most cases streaming is available. And the normal users probably don't care much about FUP as either it is non existent in some cases (mine was 15 Mbps no FUP) and in other cases the limit is pretty high at 250 GB and so which they probably do not cross ever.

Recently was at one of my friends' home and she was asking to me about buying external hdds....
Her younger sister, studying in final year B.E.(Elec&Telecom), also joined in...
While talking, my friend mentioned external hard "disk"... to which her sister confidently protested that its external hard "drive"...not hard "disk"...hard disk is inside PC...hard drive is external.... o_O
lolllllzzz :wacky:

Yesterday, me and my colleague were part of an holiday activity. I started camera and gave him my android to record my act. After completing my act, I asked him about the video. It turns out that he kept looking in the phone screen and never tried to start the recording. :-(

One guy at work said, "class of memory card is not important." He owns a mobile shop. :confused:
And another guy "I always download 900 MB HD rips. There isn't any difference between that rip and 2 GB rips". After recovering from shock, I tried explaining pixellation and poor contrast ratio and he said "It might be problem with your graphics card. I watch them on my plasma." o_O

@Mr.J

The person is not completely wrong about the HD Rips part. Not everyone can make out the difference between different quality rips. Only if you are keen on finding those pixelations and all then you will and that too looking closely.
I have watched 720p and 1080p rips on my 46" tv from a distance of 9 feet and I cannot make out anything. Distance from the TV matters.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Mr.J

The person is not completely wrong about the HD Rips part. Not everyone can make out the difference between different quality rips. Only if you are keen on finding those pixelations and all then you will and that too looking closely.
I have watched 720p and 1080p rips on my 46" tv from a distance of 9 feet and I cannot make out anything. Distance from the TV matters.
I watch movies on my PC (Monitor - Dell U2312HM) so I happen to notice it. Mostly in the dark scenes such as Hong Kong sequence in The Dark Knight.

I watch movies on my PC (Monitor - Dell U2312HM) so I happen to notice it. Mostly in the dark scenes such as Hong Kong sequence in The Dark Knight.

Exactly. it's 23 inches smaller and distance is lesser so you will. He's talking about movies on a 46 incher 9 feet away.

On the lookout for a 32GB SD card for my phone, stumbled upon this gem of a review o_O

4s02.png

http://www.flipkart.com/sandisk-mem...TMDADHJNZ3AHVC8?pid=ACCDADHFVHVHJZPN&start=30

@Sei @blkrb0t definitely 3Gb reduced storage is not at all fine, it should have been 512MB (as he says) :p ;) Don't know what he'll feel when he buys 64GB Card and sees only 59GB :)

@paarkhi The funny thing is I had to explain how this works to some of my friends who work in "IT companies." I don't think they still get it :confused:

@blkrb0t, from this we can understand that "just byhearting the book" like chatur ramalingam ;) is not always helpful in life

Its always the case with many of the ITians around. They seldom know anything apart from their day-to-day work. Either a person have to know and experiment his pc to even understand most of the comcepts or he has to be a pc gamer. A gamer will come across issues and will try learning something. :p

byhearting still helps Indians in scoring more in their exams. Indian teachers expect bookish answers.

I used to get either zero or full marks in Maths and Physics from 10th standard onwards. I used to mug up before 10th and didn't have to worry about good marks.

@gauravH it's the pity of Indian educational system, there are some places where you may need a perfect book-ish answer but should not be allowed everywhere, teachers should encourage students in writing the answers in their own words and not reprint the character-to-character written in the text books. Anyhow sorry for the OT...

Back