English TV series discussion

vantheman5211 said:
starting american dad today.guys how is entourage? reviews are decent but do need opinions.

Entourage is really good. Its made more for the guys and not for girls.

You will specially like the character Ari Gold. I am waiting for the final season this year. :)

I watched 2 EP's of Breaking Bad... but did not like it. Even watched Monroe, but did not understand it... Bones being aquired now :D

Watching Dexter S05 now. What shall i watch next after completing Dex. Something similar?
Have completed Lost, Prison Break, Heroes as of now, also some episodes of HIMYM and 2 and a Half Men.

^^In same scenario as CeDrIc, have watched LOST, Prison Break and Dexter too complete.

I have Firefly, Lost Room, Fringe and House MD (till season 5) on my HDD. I am planning to watch firefly because it has got very good IMDB ratings and also it is just one season.

Then will be going to Lost Room as it is also of one season only and then probably HOUSE.

Btw can anyone tell me what other TV series i can start procuring ??

My BSNL 3G is available for only a month or so now so need to extract maximum out of it now. :ashamed:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I got one more person addicted to english tv series LOST. My wife :lol:

She had never seen any english movies (except baby's day out and home alone types) and did not knew even a bit about english TV series (used to ask me what is so interesting about it that i watch them back to back) but still i insisted her to give a shot to LOST. In order to make her understand what it is all about, i showed her the Season 6 E00 (The Final chapter) first 4-5 minutes where they explain a few things. She was impressed and told me she will try and what i know today is that she is on 3rd episode of LOST watching continuously from 2:30 PM today :lol: :rofl:

raksrules said:
^^In same scenario as CeDrIc, have watched LOST, Prison Break and Dexter too complete.

I have Firefly, Lost Room, Fringe and House MD (till season 5) on my HDD. I am planning to watch firefly because it has got very good IMDB ratings and also it is just one season.

Then will be going to Lost Room as it is also of one season only and then probably HOUSE.

Btw can anyone tell me what other TV series i can start procuring ??

My BSNL 3G is available for only a month or so now so need to extract maximum out of it now. :ashamed:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I got one more person addicted to english tv series LOST. My wife :lol:

She had never seen any english movies (except baby's day out and home alone types) and did not knew even a bit about english TV series (used to ask me what is so interesting about it that i watch them back to back) but still i insisted her to give a shot to LOST. In order to make her understand what it is all about, i showed me the Season 6 E00 (The Final chapter) first 4-5 minutes where they explain a few things. She was impressed and told me she will try and what i know today is that she is on 3rd episode of LOST watching continuously from 2:30 PM today :lol: :rofl:
Dude, you should've got her hooked on to Dexter... Maybe you would've finished it earlier :p

^^True...very true :p

She is still having second thoughts about Dexter, saying that serial killer thing may not interest her. But i insisted that i was of the same opinion before but look at me now, all 5 seasons of Dexter done :)

raksrules said:
^^True...very true :p

She is still having second thoughts about Dexter, saying that serial killer thing may not interest her. But i insisted that i was of the same opinion before but look at me now, all 5 seasons of Dexter done :)
All girls/women will like Dexter, he has no feelings(until Season 5 at least), so they have no fear of getting involved, no fear of getting intimate :p

blkrb0t said:
All girls/women will like Dexter, he has no feelings(until Season 5 at least), so they have no fear of getting involved, no fear of getting intimate :p
So, are you saying that women are better serial killers? :p

^Not sure of that but they love serial killers. :D

blkrb0t said:
Amen to that! Ladies definitely seem to love Dex. I recommended the show to my sister and wifey sometime when S4 was being aired on Showtime. My sister started watching it when they were airing on Star World or some channel. Ofc not the latest episodes. She's fine with that since she has to take care of 2 toddlers at home.

Passed on few seasons to my wifey, she liked it and began recommending it to her friends. :lol:

v.Na5h said:
Hooked on to Breaking Bad...

The closest show that comes to DEXTER
In some way its better than Dexter.

More believable i guess.

I also watched 8 episodes of Burn Notice Season 1. It was good.

Have 2 seasons of The Mentalist.

How is The mentalist guys?

pradeep200417 said:
In some way its better than Dexter.

More believable i guess.

Breaking Bad is more on drama than action....

more realistic acting...feels like u r watching a documentary

yeah but the cliffhangers are same as dexter...

almost getting caught and stuff...

But definately not better than DEXTER

pradeep200417 said:
I also watched 8 episodes of Burn Notice Season 1. It was good.

Have 2 seasons of The Mentalist.

How is The mentalist guys?

BN is good ...Fiona is seductress.. only reason to watch the show...

mentalist is a good show...but the lead character ruins it...hate his acting skills...

Burn Notice is great. Saw the last 3 seasons on Star World (OT: we need to come-up with a term which is equivalent to "snail-mail" but which applies for TV shows which are seen the regular way :D )

Cool action and hot girls ;). The spying part is cool too

Even I stopped watching Mentalist coz of that actor. Monk is much better.

Back