English TV series discussion

Aces170 said:
So how was Game of thrones? The novels are brilliant, better then Lord of the rings IMO..
It wasn't that great; just introduced few of the characters. I guess they figured that they didn't really need to hook viewers in with the pilot considering the hype it already has. However, the acting and production values are top notch and so it probably gets better from here on. Also, loads of nudity.

raksrules said:
Currently watching Dexter Season-4, half way through. Season 5 is only left now.

What next can i start procuring ??? Not interested in comedy.

Have watched LOST, prison break full series till now.
I'm on Season 3. Will be watching the last episode tonight. Can't wait :D

raksrules said:
Currently watching Dexter Season-4, half way through. Season 5 is only left now.

What next can i start procuring ??? Not interested in comedy.

Have watched LOST, prison break full series till now.
Anyone....

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

one thing that i would love to share is, after watching a few of english tv series. I would say they are 100 times better and have some sense when compared to the daily soaps shown on our indian tv channels.

Atleast most of the english tv series have different story lines when compared to our indian tv series, all contain same family drama with each person marrying infinite times, dying and coming back infinite times, and mostly all indian tv serials having a same background score.

Also almost all the game and reality shows are a direct 1 to 1 copy of western shows. It hurts me so much to see that there is no creativity in indian television and worst is the news channels too follow the same.

God give them some brains

Thanks for the suggestions. But which serial is like totally complete and i can get all seasons in one go and watch so that in future i dont have to wait for new episodes to come and so that i can download them.
Happened with LOST. Was so desperate to get each week's episode while i was on season 6.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Found the following link on IMDB.Seems someone created it. I looked at it for reference.

IMDb: Best Tv Shows of all time - a list by Don Biluric Aiyalew

There are serials like heroes, HIMYM (comedy i think), Fringe, True blood, the wire, sopranos, house and many more...

What should be in my 'procurement' list ??

Sorry for repeatedly asking same query but i am confused :S

^ Heroes is great till about the 2nd season. It gets too convoluted after that.

I'm working on a similar list. Has LOST finished and should I start watching it now? (No living under a rock jokes, please :D )

boogeyman said:
^ Heroes is great till about the 2nd season. It gets too convoluted after that.

I'm working on a similar list. Has LOST finished and should I start watching it now? (No living under a rock jokes, please :D )

guess what you are totally LOST :rofl:
it ended even on STAR WORLD which is about 2 seasons behind US screening

NO HEROES..!!

Try West-Wing (Not sure if its your flavour)... I mentioned it because I left it after 2 seasons for a change and just resumed S3 (Total 6 seasons)...

The West Wing as a series comes very close to the best tv shows that I have seen..!

Back