English TV series discussion

pr0ing said:
@wingmysoul

I'd highly recommend "The It Crowd". 20 minutes per episode, 6 episodes per season, 4 seasons till now, it won't take much time too.

I am slightly biased towards British comedies.

Adding "Spy" to my watch list.
Powersurge said:
If you are the kind who likes British humor, go for it, its quite brilliant. Also highly recommended, The Inbetweeners, and Fresh Meat.

I've seen The Inbetweeners and quite enjoyed it. Will put the IT crowd on my must watch list.

As of now I'm watching Castle season 3 but I'm not enjoying it as much as i enjoyed the first 2 seasons!

Watched the pilot of Boss. "Frasier" is amazing as always. Really powerful stuff. Though the genre is drama and it has a slow (gripping, but slow) feel to it but so many things happening simultaneously... had to rewind certain scenes to get the grasp of it.

Going to see the entire season for sure. Looks really promising.

In other news, finally up to date with Big Bang Theory.. brilliant! :D

Sei said:
Watched the pilot of Boss. "Frasier" is amazing as always. Really powerful stuff. Though the genre is drama and it has a slow (gripping, but slow) feel to it but so many things happening simultaneously... had to rewind certain scenes to get the grasp of it.

Ha Ha you mean Kelsey Grammer. Damn even David Hyde Pierce aka Niles Crane should do something like this. Even he is a fantastic actor.

pradeep200417 said:
Ha Ha you mean Kelsey Grammer. Damn even David Hyde Pierce aka Niles Crane should do something like this. Even he is a fantastic actor.

I wasn't being naive. I wrote Frasier on purpose. I know he is Kelsey Grammer :p

Agree about "Niles Crane" too :p

Falling Skies is a good show and the 6.8 rating on imdb reflects my opinion about it. It will not grab your attention like Season 1 of Lost, but the acting, story, etc are decent.

Recommended for sci-fi fans, must watch for alien invasion fans.

Sei said:

BOSS gets faster as the show progresses.... The last 3-4 eps are amazing..!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

pradeep200417 said:
How is this 8 part mini series called The Shadow Line. The story looks good.

The Shadow Line (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Synopsis

The Shadow Line is about a murder investigated by both sides of the line – police and criminals – and the opposing methods they use to solve it. But the real line is the morality within each character and how far they will go before they cross it.[1]

Sounds interesting... Thought I don't like British shows that much.. But I will check it out... Thanks.!

dipen01 said:
BOSS gets faster as the show progresses.... The last 3-4 eps are amazing..!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Sounds interesting... Thought I don't like British shows that much.. But I will check it out... Thanks.!

Thanks. Do let us know the review

Shadow Line- watched 2eps yet out of 7.. Its Intriguing but slow and gets super slow in key moments due to the sets of characters involved..Its the Drama that keeps you interested.. Haven't seen or like much of Neo Noir genre but I think I will continue this one..!

Themes from US crime culture in 50s/60s - Noir... But now with updated tech, content and style.. one can refer it as neo noir... Shadow line according to me felt like Neo Noir.

I don't recall similar TV Shows because I haven't watched that category that much..But I have watched quite a few movies.. In the past I have skimmed through some Pilots and then stopped watching it..!

Shadow Line - It can be compared to the movie rat-race, only without comedy and with Police, Thugs, Mafia trying to reach to the finish line faster than each other..!

ggt said:
house of lies sounds interesting. its screener is out.

will wait for the 720p version though :p

Its a decent series... I hope they manage to keep the plot interesting because going by the Pilot.. It seems there is a high probability of story getting derailed..!

Back