English TV series discussion

Castle S5 E01 was bloody brilliant.

Is Castle something that girls / women would like ?
I had kept the castle s01-s04 in my utorrent download queue and my wife saw that, she read on IMDB about it and she looks bit interested in the series. I have told her to start watching by herself.

I had kept the castle s01-s04 in my utorrent download queue and my wife saw that, she read on IMDB about it and she looks bit interested in the series. I have told her to start watching by herself.

Every one here loves it and yeah we are not girls / women :p .

Started watching The Shield. Saw 2 episodes. Pretty decent. :)

Oh and the 64th Primetime Emmy awards were announced last Sunday and Homeland stole the show bagging 4 awards. Outstanding Drama, Outstanding Actor, Outstanding Actress, Outstanding Writing. :eek:hyeah:

Aaron Paul (from Breaking Bad) won the Outstanding Supporting Actor in Drama and Jessica Lange (from American Horror Story) won the Outstanding Supporting Actress in a miniseries/movie. Shockingly (or not) Game of Thrones did not win a single award!

64th Primetime Emmy Awards - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PS: Homeland is a brilliant edge of the seat thriller. It was so addictive, me and my roomie managed to complete the entire season 1 (including 12 episodes and a 84 min. finale) in one day! :ashamed: :p

Oh I think you would like it too. Lots of guy jokes in there too since the main protagonist is a guy. :)

Homeland was good, but I wouldn't rate it so high as to bag an Emmy. There are other shows which have fresh concepts and much better storyline than this show, but not sure why they aren't nominated.

I have recently started using iTv Shows 2 for iPhone / iPad. Works for me (as of now). For Android, i have used TV Show Favs and it has a very good widget too.

I beg to differ a bit , The Wire is one of the only shows that has tried to show us 'the real American city' , the class subjugation and poverty that exists there as well . Most American shows will only showcase the Glossy life of LA or New York, its is one of the most realistic portrayals ever attempted on a TV Series.

So while the creators didnt try to dumb down the lingo and culture of Baltimore to appeal to a wide audience, it was done to give it that 'docu-drama' image show has achieved .. and yes it will take some getting used to even if you've been a fan of American TV for years. The show was impossible to follow without Subtitles in first 3 seasons, but you get the hang of it from there .. untill Snoop comes into the scene .. :p

So yes.. for the typical Sitcom fan in India The Wire will be very hard to appreciate but its something any TV Drama fan MUST-WATCH.
Where exactly are you differing :p? That's pretty much exactly what I said.

It's not a show for the regular Indian viewer just getting into western shows like Dexter or Breaking Bad which are more mainstream and deliver excitement at a mile a minute.
Rather, The Wire will take you through all the paperwork and bureaucracy with the end punchline often delivered in a very understated manner. The Baltimore u/g is as much a star of the show as any of the actors and as such it's not very plot driven to keep the average Indian viewer hooked who couldn't care less for that sort of thing.

Went through S2 of The Killing. One of the most brutally sad series finales ever...

today was a start of the big bang theory, two and a half men and person of interest.person of interest was good as it always has been.two and a half men going the charlie way (plotwise)
need to check out big bang theory.

also south park and modern family s04. not interested in greys anatomy and parks and recreation.

I want to start Shield.But I gather that season 1 is not so good. So can you tell me which season should I start this with?
South Park s16e08 was really funny.

Back