English TV series discussion

Just caught up with Dexter's first episode of season 7 and all I can say is, HOLY SHITZO! He's back, and back in style. Amazing first episode. So much tension and intensity. A lot was revealed about Dexter's past as well. I'm psyched for the next episode now. Also, I see where Yvonne Strahovski would probably fit in. I pray this season just redeems itself from the last 2 mediocre runs.

Last 2 mediocre? You mean the last 4, isn't it? The first 2 seasons of Dexter were the only amazing ones, the rest all were bland. The 4th season was dragged on for eternity, people only think of it as something good because of the final 2 minutes.

The 7th season has started off quite well, just like every other season on Dexter. Hope it doesn't fall to the mediocrity of the last 4 seasons.

Last 2 mediocre? You mean the last 4, isn't it? The first 2 seasons of Dexter were the only amazing ones, the rest all were bland. The 4th season was dragged on for eternity, people only think of it as something good because of the final 2 minutes.

I loved the 4th season and that, for me, was the best one. 3rd was an absolute disaster. 5th and 6th are right up there in the shit-list. 1st was where it all began, so that season has it's own charm. 2nd was good, except for Lila's horrible acting. :p

The 7th season has started off quite well, just like every other season on Dexter. Hope it doesn't fall to the mediocrity of the last 4 seasons.

Totally agree with the opinion..!! Huge downhill after 2nd season..!

The 2 good seasons of Dex for me would be the trinity killer season and the ice-truck killer season which is S1. The rest were mediocre. Although the start of this season was good, we will figure out eventually where this is all headed to and I pray it doesn't suck like the rest of the seasons.

Watched 2 more episodes of The Shield and it continues to entertain us. May watch 1 more today. Have E2 of Dex S7 and Homeland S2 which aired yesterday in the US. :p

The 2 good seasons of Dex for me would be the trinity killer season and the ice-truck killer season which is S1. The rest were mediocre. Although the start of this season was good, we will figure out eventually where this is all headed to and I pray it doesn't suck like the rest of the seasons.

Watched 2 more episodes of The Shield and it continues to entertain us. May watch 1 more today. Have E2 of Dex S7 and Homeland S2 which aired yesterday in the US. :p

Do you remember the hype the makers built for Season 6?? The most brutal season, the most thrilling season.. :\

As for The Shield, it will definitely keep you engrossed. I've still to catch up on the first season of Homeland.

BTW, Morena Baccarin, who plays Jessica Brody in Homeland looked absolutely sinister in V (2009). Don't know if anyone watched it here. Was quite good.

Also, has anyone see NCIS ? Good rating and into the 10th season :)O) right now.

i have watched a little of NCIS,and the most i can say about it,is that it is for some occasional fun only.why would anyone waste time on it when there are so many better shows being aired out there.The Shield is unique but i am unable to find time to watch these 1 Hr shows.(gaming is my first priority)

Maybe it's because I wait for full season packs before watching any show but I found all the Dexter seasons more or less equally enjoyable.
I can see how 1 slow episode every week would seem boring though.

I don't know how you guys can stand waiting 7 days for 1 episode, I much prefer waiting 6 months then watching the entire thing in a single sitting.

Completed the second season of The Shield. :bigok:

I have a question about the finale episode though;

Mackey seems particularly happy when he sees the money which is spread across the table from the "money train" heist they pulled off. Although, seeing how his team aren't too thrilled, his smile slowly fades out. At first, I thought "Were the notes in some foreign currency and they botched it up?", but what was it really? Was it the way they pulled it off, which left a black mark on their conscience?

Completed Season 2 of Breaking Bad on in a weekend binge .. :)

Onto Season 3 ..

Very Eagerly waiting for Community to return on Oct 19th(S04) :D :D :D :D
have already watched S01-S03 four times in anticipation :p

ooh ooh n lets not forget The Walking Dead is around the corner.

Completed the second season of The Shield. :bigok:

I have a question about the finale episode though;

Mackey seems particularly happy when he sees the money which is spread across the table from the "money train" heist they pulled off. Although, seeing how his team aren't too thrilled, his smile slowly fades out. At first, I thought "Were the notes in some foreign currency and they botched it up?", but what was it really? Was it the way they pulled it off, which left a black mark on their conscience?

That they had really pulled it off. And remember, they are cops and are supposed to protect and serve. They are just being greedy here. There is some explanation in later seasons as to why the money can't be used just as it is, amazing seasons ahead.

Are there any good one series shows ? Shows which have only one series but do end aptly and not abruptly because they were cancelled or are in Hiatus (for long).

That they had really pulled it off. And remember, they are cops and are supposed to protect and serve. They are just being greedy here. There is some explanation in later seasons as to why the money can't be used just as it is, amazing seasons ahead.

Yeah. I just saw the first episode of the third season and that cleared my doubt. The only thing which I really wanted to change about the second season was

the way Armadillo was killed. Dam! That guy was a stone cold killer and a very intimidating adversary. I had all my bets pinned on the guy being taken down towards the end of the season, instead, he gets shanked. That is not what I anticipated. :(

Back