English TV series discussion

I think Claire Danes might just grab the next Emmy/Golden Globe/Saturn award with her performance this time.
I agree. Homeland is very addicting. Claire Danes is excellent in her role. I watched S01 in 2 days straight and would have done it in one but sleep stood in my way. Though I don't think it deserved its win over Breaking Bad in Best Drama Series category, but this is damn good show.

The only thing that bugged me about the last episode:
I couldn't believe that they were allowed to carry phones inside that room. Given that, last week they particularity showed that Brody had to submit his phone just to meet with Estes(remember how he had to write down the names of targets!). But still, I was so wrapped up in the tension of seeing Abu Nazir sniped down, that I don't even care for these loose ends now. Excellent episode.

The best part about the recent posts are how everyone edited their posts to include spoiler tags/remove spoilers - good job guys!

How do I know? Because I had seen the posts with spoilers before. :p

Last edited by satan194p; Today at 12:45 PM.
Last edited by blkrb0t; Today at 11:59 AM.
Last edited by Gannu; Today at 01:26 PM.
Last edited by XTechManiac; Today at 02:45 PM.

And guys if you thought Claire Danes was/is good in Homeland, you should probably watch Jessica Lange in American Horror Story! I was completely bajaoed at her performance in the show. The old lady pulled off an excellent show in the series. :scared14:

PS: She's won 2 Oscars, 2 Emmys, 5 Golden Globes, 1 Screen Actors Guild Award as a whole. :p

Finished watching the last episode (season 5) of Breaking Bad last night and it just left me salivating for more literally. When is the next part to be premiered?

EDIT: Just found out the second part will debut in Summer'2013. Will wait for your return WW.

Will mostly start Game of Thrones from tonight.

started Rome a few days ago and already already finished the 1st season. fantastic writing and the acting does due justice to their fine work.

Watched Dexter E02, think the script could go either way with the way they are driving it, I really hope they make it interesting.

Homeland S02 - Best treatment for Monday morning blues !
Modern Family - S04
E01 - was ok-ok
E02/03 - Made my day.
Arrow S01E01 - Was boring.
(I guess the kid does the stunts by himself (some parkour scenes))
TBBT - S06 - ok-ok

Anyone watched Last Resort?
Yup. Brilliant show IMO. The pilot is so bloody tense.

And guys if you thought Claire Danes was/is good in Homeland, you should probably watch Jessica Lange in American Horror Story! I was completely bajaoed at her performance in the show. The old lady pulled off an excellent show in the series. :scared14:

PS: She's won 2 Oscars, 2 Emmys, 5 Golden Globes, 1 Screen Actors Guild Award as a whole. :p
I would if I could. Easily scared. :ashamed:

Started watching Firefly - such a nice show. I can understand why so many people were happy when Joss Whedon was put in charge of Avengers. He really knows how his stuff.

Completed The Shield's 3rd season last night. Was awake till 2:00AM when the final episode wrapped up. This was yet another good season, however, I failed to understand Claudette's beef with Acaveda towards the end. From what I understand, Acaveda is trying to get Wyms off a case that she isn't willing to let go, but what exactly is that all about?

Lem acted brilliantly in this season, especially towards the end. It's too bad he has limited screen time. The Armenian mob angle was again met with the same fate as Armadillo in the second season. But I have to admit, this was more exciting. Looking forward to the next season. :)

Ethan_Hunt Acaveda is not happy with Claudette as she is not giving up a case which can lead to acquittal of convicted felons. Some of the convicted felons are actually innocent, but the Police catches them anyway and proves their guilt one way or the other. Having them acquitted will give a bad impression on the number of convicts Acaveda had put in prison during his career, and moreover it leaves a bad image of him, not good when you're entering politics. Apart from that, it is also considered a waste of public money to have all the convicts a retrial in court. The 5th season of The Shield is probably the best of the series. With the IAD on tail, it gets messy and interesting.

Started watching Firefly - such a nice show. I can understand why so many people were happy when Joss Whedon was put in charge of Avengers. He really knows how his stuff.
I never really got into scifi on television but I started watching Firefly last week because I'd heard so much about it on the internet and was not disappointed at all. It's a fantastic mix of a scifi and western that actually works. One of the best series I've ever watched.

Hope you're watching Firefly in the proper order. If you watch them out of order(the aired-order is screwed) there is no way you'll appreciate the show or heck, even be able to follow the main story.

To all,

How was the Battlestar Galactica ? Worth to get ?
I loved Firefly so much that I'm contemplating if I should begin this. Heard only praises about this show. So guys, is it really good? I don't want to watch mediocre stuff.

Back