English TV series discussion

Yeah. I just saw the first episode of the third season and that cleared my doubt. The only thing which I really wanted to change about the second season was

If you think about it, what they really wanted to show was that Vic Mackey was extremely loyal to the team - you will see that later too. He takes entire blame on himself since he caused it in the first place. It just shows the complexity of his character. He can kill a cop to protect his team, his morals don't get in the way. And he is ready to go to jail to protect them too. Also, the Armenian money part - they were happy and scared at the same time. They had pulled it off but it was not as clean as they had wanted - the cops and the Armenian mob were going to be on their asses till the culprit was found.

@Gannu @Ethan_Hunt - Posted this earlier but not sure if you guys read it, so posting again.

The Strike Team was based on the LAPD Rampart Division's corrupt anti-gang unit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rampart_scandal
Rampart scandal refers to widespread corruption in the Community Resources Against Street Hoodlums (or CRASH) anti-gang unit of the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) Rampart Division in the late 1990s. More than 70 police officers either assigned to or associated with the Rampart CRASH unit were implicated in some form of misconduct, making it one of the most widespread cases of documented police misconduct in United States history. The convicted offenses include unprovoked shootings, unprovoked beatings, planting of false evidence, framing of suspects, stealing and dealing narcotics, bank robbery, perjury, and the covering up of evidence of these activities.

The New Rampart Police Station
The Rampart Scandal is notable in popular culture because at least three LAPD officers implicated in the scandal were found to be on the payroll of hip-hop mogul Marion "Suge" Knight of Death Row Records, a convicted felon with known ties to the Bloods street gang. Moreover, LAPD investigators alleged Rampart CRASH officers Nino Durden, Rafael Perez and David Mack were involved in the 1997 drive-by murder of recording artist Notorious B.I.G.

The Rampart investigation, based mainly on statements of the admitted corrupt officer (Perez), initially implicated over 70 officers of wrongdoing. Of those officers, enough evidence was found to bring 58 before an internal administrative board. However, of the officers named by Perez, only 24 were actually found to have committed any wrongdoing, with 12 given suspensions of various lengths, 7 forced to resign or retire, and 5 fired. As a result of the probe into falsified evidence and police perjury, 106 prior criminal convictions were overturned. The Rampart Scandal resulted in more than 140 civil lawsuits against the city of Los Angeles, costing the city an estimated $125 million in settlements.

:O

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I read that when you posted it last time. Pretty shocking alright! :p

Homeland E02 was awesome, especially the end.

Totally! We almost went WTF!!! when:

she got out of the vehicle and went into the informant's apartment leaving the rest and those localites/militia started surrounding them like a pack of hungry wolves! :scared14:

I think Claire Danes might just grab the next Emmy/Golden Globe/Saturn award with her performance this time.

Even Dexter's E2 was nothing great although the last episode ended with a cliffhanger ending sorts. :|

Homeland is just getting amazing day by day. I'm in love with Claire Danes, amazing actress. She is probably the best actress I've seen on television.

- - - Updated - - -
Sei Vic Mackey stays loyal to the team as long as he or his family is out of danger.

Homeland is just getting amazing day by day. I'm in love with Claire Danes, amazing actress. She is probably the best actress I've seen on television.

Dude, use spoilers! I have seen the entire show but many others have not - it's an old show but still.

Use tags. Put '/' without quotes before the second
tag.

Yup, I have seen it. I did not want to mention that because that will imply that he betrays the team at some point. Don't spoil the suspense.

I have this in my pending list as well. A friend of mine recommended it to me earlier. Is it good?

Sei: So it's based off a real life crime unit? Nice! No wonder they went with the gritty grainy visual look. Did you have a chance to look the my comment on Armadillo in the previous page?

Yup
Obviously that is the creative decision of the writers but I don't think that they were intending to build him up as a the main bad guy for a season. You will see this quite often - it follows quite a non-linear path, unlike shows like Dexter etc. There are many wtf moments along the way and they manage to keep it quite realistic.

They accomplished a few things with his swift end - these guys are solid as a team, Vic is ready to take the fall for his team and these guys will go to lengths to get their name cleared. A dirty cop is the best and the worst thing for a criminal - which Armadillo underestimates.

I finished all episodes of homeland in just 2 days. It's definitely one of the best.
Any other Tv show similar to it? Don't suggest 24, prison break, chuck
for me the best moment was when he started praying in Arabic in the second episode.

Is anyone able to see the spoilers that I am posting? For me, nothing happens when I click on show. They do show up when I click on "Reply with quote" :S
@Ethan_Hunt - Are you able to see the spoiler I posted above?

Is anyone able to see the spoilers that I am posting? For me, nothing happens when I click on show. They do show up when I click on "Reply with quote" :S
Ethan_Hunt - Are you able to see the spoiler I posted above?

No I can't. Same with my last spoiler too. What's wrong with spoiler tags?

No I can't. Same with my last spoiler too. What's wrong with spoiler tags?

The funny thing is that @Gannu 's are working. I even copy-pasted his spoiler tag.

The worst possible abuse of mod power. :p

PS: To see what I wrote in my spoiler tag, just quote my post with the spoiler in it. Should be visible there.

Haha! :bleh:

The reason is because all the remaining spoilers after mine has the same identification i.e. 1. Enter something else there instead of 1. :p

Breaking Bad Season 3 is well .. boring ... so far .. 4 Episodes down .. :/
Too much family drama ..

Any chance its gonna pick up to its original pace ..

Back