English TV series discussion

Thanks @v.Na5h I recall watching the first run of movers and Shakers will check out the new run.
Didn't know about the Jai Hind channel seems good.

Last edited by a moderator:
--Breaking Bad - down to S04E07 now .. just one more episode to go.

Why did Walter have to kill Mike ... this totally takes away whatever sympathy we have for Walt's character .. who acted foolishly and impulsively.
Though Mike's demise was kind of coming .. all his strings getting tied up .. Walt getting the distribution contact .. Mike dumping his criminal life and being hunted by the DEA .. he was out of the show.. might as well kill him off (which seems tragic way to go) .. I guess it was also a message that death is the only way out of the drug business. Now one more episode to go .. lets see where things land on this hiatus. Season 5 has been dull so far .. with a few shock moments. More family drama .. less cooking .. I suppose all this was a precursor to Walter White finally letting out his true intention .. to build a drug Empire of his own .. an empire which will stand on the bodies of his enemies and friends..

--The Walking Dead - Season 3 Premier .. lack luster for now.
The Episode was more of a refresher about the tensions that existed in the group when S02 ended .. though the whole season has been layed out in front of the Audience.

Some discoveries are on the horizon .. hopes up.

Done with Season 4 of The Shield. This wasn't as good as the rest of the seasons, but still pretty decent. I read a few reports stating the 5th and the 7th season are the best in the series. Not to mention Forest Witaker being in the 5th season is a huge bonus. Will start that tomorrow and hopefully might do a marathon run, as my vacation ends this weekend. :(

Completed The Shield's 5th season and I can attest that this was indeed the best season till now. Fantastic acting all over. Special props goes out to Lemansky and Kavanaugh. I always knew Lemansky had the potential and this was proved in this season. Whitaker pulled off an amazing performance too. The ending just left me awe-struck and I almost knew that would happen, but never thought it would turn out that way.

I'm half-way through season 6 and toward episode 4's ending, I have to say it was the most single most intense performance I saw from Vic in all the season's combined. Brilliant! That moment alone should have nabbed him an Emmy award. :)

I watched Firefly recently and it was so cool!! How the hell can anyone cancel such a great show?! :| Will watch Serenity tomorrow or day after.
Also started watching Arrested development. Close to finishing Season 2 now. It's quite a different comedy show, I really like. Some parts are totally hilarious!

This week's Dexter was quite interesting.

Is there a site which shows all the current week's TV listings and allows you to filter the list to just the shows that you want? Most listing sites i've found don't have an option to filter. Alternatively a site that displays when the next episode of a set of selected shows airs would also do.

Is there a site which shows all the current week's TV listings and allows you to filter the list to just the shows that you want? Most listing sites i've found don't have an option to filter. Alternatively a site that displays when the next episode of a set of selected shows airs would also do.

myepisodes.com

Saw E3 of Dex and Homeland. Both were okay. I guess the Russian mafia boss is gradually drawing attention a la the Trinity killer. There was something that left me dumbstruck though:

How come no one discovered Greene's corpse from Dex's boat? Or did the mob dispose off the body somewhere?

As for Homeland, I wonder WTH was Carrie up to towards the conclusion of the episode!

Not a website, but I use RSTVShowTracker portable app to keep a track of new episodes..and it's excellent.

As for Homeland, I wonder WTH was Carrie up to towards the conclusion of the episode!
Yup. Though, it was satisfying to see cloth over Brody's head at the end. "So this all ends with a bullet in my brain." Haha, foreshadowing?

Saw E3 of Dex and Homeland. Both were okay. I guess the Russian mafia boss is gradually drawing attention a la the Trinity killer. There was something that left me dumbstruck though:

How come no one discovered Greene's corpse from Dex's boat? Or did the mob dispose off the body somewhere?

After he shoots him, Isaac tells his guy to get rid of him. Also, he would never want the police to catch hold of Dexter. He wants to kill Dex himself.

Finished S01 of Battlestar Galactica and I'm totally loving it. Intriguing, interesting plot and interesting mix of character development and mystery to progress the plot.

I love Aaron Paul performance..and Jesse's dialogues. Haha!
ibmJyhnUFjs1l6.gif

Back