English TV series discussion

Finished Homeland Season 1 last night .. and my rating would be meh ..
Maybe I was expecting more of a spy thriller but sadly that's not gonna happen.. show fizzled out towards the end of Season 1.

I'm not too keen on beginning Season 2 right off .. given the premise S01 ended on I'm not too hopeful of the writers redeeming themselves anymore in the next season. We're right back to where we started .. if I may say that. The writing has been weak .. you will need to totally shut off your brain if you want the series to 'surprise' by it revelations .. Its been pretty easy to connect the dots so far.

Also it annoys me whenever anyone in the show says "As salaam alaikum" in this show .. 9/10 times it is to a terrorist ..
which I suspect will be another false-stereotype the American viewers will pick up on.

Then again .. props to Claire Danes for kicking it into high gear towards the end, enough to deliver one last punch at the finale.
Season 2 can wait .. unless someone can say something really convincing :)

The Walking Dead S02E03 on for tonight.

Walking Dead was never about the 'how' behind the zombie apocalypse. Unless the writers decide to drastically drift away from the original storyline, you never will find out either.
Try reading the comics (or atleast the gist on wiki) if you can.

Completed walking dead season 1 however nothing was explained how it all happened

Walking Dead was never about the 'how' behind the zombie apocalypse. Unless the writers decide to drastically drift away from the original storyline, you never will find out either.
Try reading the comics (or atleast the gist on wiki) if you can.

It's not yet explained in the comics too. There are multiple explanations, and none of them are concrete. So, the how part is still unanswered. I am not seeing the current season but TWD is more about the people and their behaviour in drastic times than about the zombies.

I am loving the new season of dexter.it is kinda reminding me of the trinity season with everything starting slow and pointless and shit gets real in the end.

Completed the The Shield's series finale episode today on my way back home and like with all great shows, I'm now left with a void feeling. I'm pretty sure this would soon be filled up with another show, but this was a unique experience, which I'll always admire. FOX have earned my respect for bringing some of the best shows on Television. This show was absolutely amazing. There were a lot of parts which were really unnecessary, but it never dragged the show down. You rarely get a feeling of a TV show being this RAW, it almost felt real. Michael Chiklis just stood out on top and hailed supreme throughout this whole journey. I never really cared about him in his motion picture roles, but this show brought out his true talent. And it's not just him, but almost all cast that were present throughout the show - Goggins, Karnes, Pounder, Johnson, Martinez, all the regulars pulled off their best performances.

This show is a well crafted and brilliantly written show. It's more "in-your-face" kind of cop drama, LITERALLY! If any of you have any apprehensions or never like cop drama, this will really change your view. Absolutely entertaining and refreshing. :)

Will pick up The Wire in a couple of days and I really hope this show really is a knock-out, like they say it is. ;)

Completed the The Shield's series finale episode today on my way back home and like with all great shows, I'm now left with a void feeling. I'm pretty sure this would soon be filled up with another show, but this was a unique experience, which I'll always admire. FOX have earned my respect for bringing some of the best shows on Television. This show was absolutely amazing. There were a lot of parts which were really unnecessary, but it never dragged the show down. You rarely get a feeling of a TV show being this RAW, it almost felt real. Michael Chiklis just stood out on top and hailed supreme throughout this whole journey. I never really cared about him in his motion picture roles, but this show brought out his true talent. And it's not just him, but almost all cast that were present throughout the show - Goggins, Karnes, Pounder, Johnson, Martinez, all the regulars pulled off their best performances.

I can completely understand what you mean there. I have the highest regard for the director and the writer who could have easily made another run of the mill cop show with a few shocking scenes thrown in as gimmicks. But, these guys took it to another level. The sheer intensity, the pressure while being so real and believable... raw is the word you used there. It is very difficult, for me at least, to be totally focused for 40 minutes while watching something. But with Shield, there was no choice. I used to sit tight on my chair, eyes glued to the screen. And it wasn't because I had to know what was going to happen in the next episode, say a series like Dexter. Only because it was so damn powerful and gritty.

And I have no words for the finale - it was so brutal and yet so simple.

I can completely understand what you mean there. I have the highest regard for the director and the writer who could have easily made another run of the mill cop show with a few shocking scenes thrown in as gimmicks. But, these guys took it to another level. The sheer intensity, the pressure while being so real and believable... raw is the word you used there. It is very difficult, for me at least, to be totally focused for 40 minutes while watching something. But with Shield, there was no choice. I used to sit tight on my chair, eyes glued to the screen. And it wasn't because I had to know what was going to happen in the next episode, say a series like Dexter. Only because it was so damn powerful and gritty.

My problem is that once I get hooked onto a show, it's like being transported to this new world. It's easy to get attached to the characters and that allows you to relate to the show. Else, it's just another TV series you watch each day, laugh and forget. But quality shows like these, they demand your command your attention, drag you in and leave a deep imprint when they're done. It's the acting, I reckon, which really needs to be made in a believable way. Take Dutch & Claudette's character. They were extremely consistent. In fact Dutch had a some excellent moments where his character development was shown.

And I have no words for the finale - it was so brutal and yet so simple.

The finale was EPIC. In my honest opinion, Shane really delivered a shocking performance in the finale episode. His desperation to save Mara and Jackson was really portrayed splendidly. When Claudette read his letter that he wrote, the reaction on Vic's face was worth watching. So was the time when Olivia assigned him the desk duty. However, the deal that ICE cut out for Vic in terms of full immunity has got me confused. Could that be possible in reality too? I mean how can they provide full immunity to a person who has killed a law enforcement officer. :p

How is Sons of Anarchy ..??

I'm looking for a new Series to start .. Any better than Homeland?

Quick review and impressions about SOA ?

My problem is that once I get hooked onto a show, it's like being transported to this new world. It's easy to get attached to the characters and that allows you to relate to the show. Else, it's just another TV series you watch each day, laugh and forget. But quality shows like these, they demand your command your attention, drag you in and leave a deep imprint when they're done. It's the acting, I reckon, which really needs to be made in a believable way. Take Dutch & Claudette's character. They were extremely consistent. In fact Dutch had a some excellent moments where his character development was shown.

The finale was EPIC. In my honest opinion, Shane really delivered a shocking performance in the finale episode. His desperation to save Mara and Jackson was really portrayed splendidly. When Claudette read his letter that he wrote, the reaction on Vic's face was worth watching. So was the time when Olivia assigned him the desk duty. However, the deal that ICE cut out for Vic in terms of full immunity has got me confused. Could that be possible in reality too? I mean how can they provide full immunity to a person who has killed a law enforcement officer. :p

I loved the way they handled the end for Vic. It was worse than getting a death sentence. He is the kind of guy who craves action and is willing to do anything just to stay in the force. The last scene where he was in that stupid, dull office looking out at those police cars - man, really felt bad for him.

The last phone call between Shane and Vic was too heart-breaking because I could see that he was going to do something radical. But even then I jumped up in my seat when Shane shot himself. Phew, just remembering it gives me goosebumps.

And yeah, about immunity. I am quite sure it works that way. I have seen it in many shows. Not all of them can be wrong. :p

Completed BattleStar Galatica first two season , Watched S03E01 --- So far looks promising.

Dexter season 07 - Interesting , previous season was bit boring.

Completed the whole "The Sopranos" - It took me 1+ year, pretty slow but it goes on, Finale was boring, Expecting Tony Soprano will be dead alone like God Father type or wipe out with whole family,but disappoints at the end. It just Ends.

Back