English TV series discussion

How come no one discovered Greene's corpse from Dex's boat? Or did the mob dispose off the body somewhere?

One would assume, they took care of it. Unlike Tony's body, which was left lying right where they murdered him. The way they zoomed into Louis's the blood dripping, after they killed him, made me think if there was some purpose to it. Like they mob failing to erase the trail and then Dexter would somehow trace the blood. Or may be it's just my Lizard brain thinking too much. :p

But this season definitely has me hooked. Ray Stevenson is an intimidating person and that seems to be panning out quite well for his role. Quinn is really pissing me off, as is Batista. Both are really literally just present as fillers.

Agreed there on Quinn and Batista.
I thought the same as well. Maybe Dex will find the blood. Or maybe they just showed that so that we know he died.

I had to ask this just started watching Walking Dead the video quality looks to be shot with low budget camera or is it environment compared to Fringe , Spartacus it looks rough

I had to ask this just started watching Walking Dead the video quality looks to be shot with low budget camera or is it environment compared to Fringe , Spartacus it looks rough

Seemed fine to me. I'm watching the current season in HD and it looks extremely polished. I saw the first 2 ones in SD, but they were still on par with the rest of the TV shows. If you need to know the technicalities of how this was filmed, read up on this:

A Cinematographer Among The Walking Dead

Currently Watching- House MD (Middle Of Season 5), How I Met Your Mother (as and when latest episodes come out ), The Big Bang Theory (as and when latest episodes come out)

Completed So Far:

Animated: Futurama (Upto Season 6+All Movies), South Park (upto Season 15), American Dad (Upto Season 10), Family Guy (Upto Season 10), Simpsons (Upto Season 21)

Comedy: The IT Crowd ( Seasons 1-3), Friends (All Seasons), Outsourced (Only season that premiered), Modern Family (Season 1-2), Two And A Half Man (Upto Season 6)

Drama/Adventure: LOST (All seasons)

Family: Full House (All Seasons)

Next In Line To Watch: Supernatural, The Walking Dead

So many shows, so little time :head:

I have the first episode with me but did not watch it yet. Will wait for the entire season to conclude and give it a shot in one go. Are you watching it?

Have completed all the episodes of Homeland telecast so far.
They show so many close-up shots of her that I'm miserably in love with Carrie :wub:
Confession : I've liked Claire Danes ever since her 2007 fantasy movie Stardust :ashamed:

Started with Homeland S01 this weekend .. down to Ep10 ..

Evenly paced series .. doesn't jump out with surprises.
Very relaxing to watch .. there is equal focus of the emotional turmoil of the characters as well as the plot, though I expected a bit more action & fanfare.

Claire Danes is a treat to watch .. she has the right mix of driven, intelligent , edgy and obsessive.. brilliantly cast here.
Damian Lewis as Sgt. Brody also a very nice cast. Likeable family man and war-vet, he's also seemed to have researched his role a lot(Islam etc.)

We are shown a very watered down version of the CIA .. and to Spy-fiction fans this will seem a some what disappointing.
It plays up a lot of the old Cop-Drama cliches .. actually this is whats most disappointing about the series that the CIA Counter-Terrorism feels like some off-color Police precinct with the same bunch of misfits engaged bureaucracy,politics and extra-marital entanglements ..
the producers purposely traded the actual intelligence gathering bit of the CIA for the sake of character development.

RANT: CIA doesn't investigate domestic threats .. that's the DHS/FBI's JOB !!!

If it weren't for Claire Danes .. :p

I have the first episode with me but did not watch it yet. Will wait for the entire season to conclude and give it a shot in one go. Are you watching it?

Yep,Its weirder than the first season.and jessica lange is plain awesome.atleast watch the pilot

- - - Updated - - -

okay also watching dexter,looking better than the previous season
and whitechapel,good murder mystery series

Seemed fine to me. I'm watching the current season in HD and it looks extremely polished. I saw the first 2 ones in SD, but they were still on par with the rest of the TV shows. If you need to know the technicalities of how this was filmed, read up on this:

A Cinematographer Among The Walking Dead
Get it now its shot in a documentary way hence it does not looks looks clean and sharp

Done with 3 Episodes why no explanation has been given how this happened ?

Agree with dexBG, Homeland is an excellent watch. No wonder Claire Danes won the award for the best actress - she has matured brilliantly and easily steals the show

+1 to Homeland.
And thanks you guys for recommending it to me. Its awesome.

Dexter - nothing but disappointment.

Rest, in comedies - TBBT is awesome as always.
TAHM - they should rename it 3 men and "stop" the show.
HIMYM - they should have stopped 3 years ago.
(don't blame me. If its coming I gotta watch it. :p)

Get it now its shot in a documentary way hence it does not looks looks clean and sharp

Done with 3 Episodes why no explanation has been given how this happened ?
It doesn't matter how it happened.. and this agrees with the 'reality' of the show .. a group of everyday survivors ..
Slowly details will be revealed but if you examine the environment you will pick up some clues.

Did anyone here watch Homeland's last episode i.e. E5? Was it like the most boring episode EVER? That or perhaps I had the one of the most sh1ttiest Mondays in a long time! :|

Dexter as usual was strictly okay. A lot of unwanted drama between Deb and Dex.

Yep,Its weirder than the first season.and jessica lange is plain awesome.atleast watch the pilot

Will do that sometime this week. Thanks! :p

If there's one reason that pushes me to watch this series, then that's Jessica Lange.

Back