English TV series discussion

And the best part - they didn't ever drag a scene even if its the most dramatic scene of the episode. Life keeps moving on - I don't need 5 minute close-ups of everyone in the scene.

Except the final scene... I mean it in the best way possible though, it is superb. (Edit: The damn spoiler tag doesn't work!)

The Shield's season 5 is phenomenal, one of the best seasons of TV this side of The Wire. It goes downhill from there unfortunately, though picks up for the last couple of episodes, which are fitting.

Except the final scene... I mean it in the best way possible though, it is superb. (Edit: The damn spoiler tag doesn't work!)

The Shield's season 5 is phenomenal, one of the best seasons of TV this side of The Wire. It goes downhill from there unfortunately, though picks up for the last couple of episodes, which are fitting.

I agree.

For spoiler, use some unique tag -

Test Spoiler

Oh boy! Started Season 5 of The Shield and there’s so much of action, drama and changes in the opening episode! Loved the episode. :D

Danny is pregnant - WOW! I am betting Vic is the father? :p Julien has a new noob partner aka hot chick. Looks like she will be on her way out soon with the way she’s dealing with things in the Barn! Claudette got a haircut and got rid of the braids - looks a bit fugly now but I think I’ll get used to it. The shocker is, I thought Dutch would finally accept the position of the Captain offered to him by the Chief in the finale of the last season but the coward Steve becomes the Captain! WTF? And then we have Forest Whitaker! :eek:hyeah:

This season is going to be killer! And if I manage to wind up Far Cry 3 by tomorrow (which I think I will since I have the last 4 missions left!), I’ll devote all the time for completing this season.

Completed walking dead season 2 was pretty boring and kept losing the plot, have heard season 3 gets pretty crazy in its pacing

Saw 4 more episodes of The Shield S5 and it just keeps getting better by the episode! This time, the script does not seem to focus more on the sub-plots but on one particular case and the strings attached to it.

Forest Whitaker - :hail:

Danny - :heart:

New chick - :facepalm:

Completed walking dead season 2 was pretty boring and kept losing the plot, have heard season 3 gets pretty crazy in its pacing

Season 3 is the goriest season till date. Also the set-up is fantastic. This season is more gritty and engaging.

Just completed the season 5 finale for The Shield and I completely broke down when that happened. :cry:

Why the F did he have to do that? He did not deserve that. I agree that he pleaded guilty and had put the other 3 guys in trouble for what happened in the past but this wasn't a solution to that. It did not have to end this way. :(

The BEST season ever so far! Hats off to Kavanaugh and Lemansky for pulling off some of the best roles in the entire season. The build up to the finale was fantastic and it paid off well.

But the finale didn't have to end this way. I am definitely going to miss him. He was a good guy. R.I.P. :(

Just completed the season 5 finale for The Shield and I completely broke down when that happened. :cry:

Why the F did he have to do that? He did not deserve that. I agree that he pleaded guilty and had put the other 3 guys in trouble for what happened in the past but this wasn't a solution to that. It did not have to end this way. :(

The BEST season ever so far! Hats off to Kavanaugh and Lemansky for pulling off some of the best roles in the entire season. The build up to the finale was fantastic and it paid off well.

But the finale didn't have to end this way. I am definitely going to miss him. He was a good guy. R.I.P. :(

Yeah, while he has been known to make poor judgment calls this one seems unnecessary and uncalled for. It is something that was foreshadowed since the grenade bust episode, and he even talked about it with Ronnie in a later episode, so he had a lot of time to think it over too, not like it was a poor impulse. Still, it makes for heightened drama. Same applies for the murder in the pilot episode. Also better get used to suspending disbelief, a lot of silly stuff coming up in S6/S7.

How is the 'True Blood' ? I also looking for 'New Girl', Is it another HIMYM or FRIENDS kinda show?

Also want to how good is "It always sunny on philly. . . ." ?

Anyone have any Idea?

"Its always sunny in Philly" -- Pretty good if you are a seasoned comedy fan.

"True Blood" -- Intriguing concept at first .. suspenseful and eerie setting .. (besides vampires and the supernatural)

Guys, How is Homeland ? I'll be on a business trip soon for a month and will need a series for weekdays nights. I'm mainly looking for suspense/thriller as I've watched most of the sitcoms. The only one I liked was prison break. I have two on my list now, Homeland and Breaking Bad. Anything else ?

Guys, How is Homeland ? I'll be on a business trip soon for a month and will need a series for weekdays nights. I'm mainly looking for suspense/thriller as I've watched most of the sitcoms. The only one I liked was prison break. I have two on my list now, Homeland and Breaking Bad. Anything else ?
Yea.. Homeland can keep you occupied without demanding too much attention .. (extra points if you admire Claire Danes)

Back