English TV series discussion

Dexter E9 was okay compared to the last bunch. I respect Ray Stevenson as a villain. Although he may not come close to John Lithgow (the Trinity killer), he looks like the next best villain. Or may be the third, after the ice-truck killer. :p

Homeland E9 was decent. I went WTF! :scared14: when I saw:

a clean shaven Abu Nazir in a frikking tee! :scared14:

Probably they intend to wrap up the season with the homecoming part. I hate that kid Dana! Her attitude and reactions pisses me off every single time she's on the screen. :angry:

Dexter E9 was okay compared to the last bunch. I respect Ray Stevenson as a villain. Although he may not come close to John Lithgow (the Trinity killer), he looks like the next best villain. Or may be the third, after the ice-truck killer. :p

Yeah but S7 is just turned out to be an average season again, according to me S4 is the best and things went downhill until the starting of S7 and now i have high hopes from the remaining 3 episodes :p

LOST is really popular, but is it really good? I've never seen it, but have heard all kinds of stuff like "enjoy the ride, destination doesn't matter(because the ending sucked)" and that "plethora of mysteries were left unexplained". In that case, isn't the ride a lie?
Anyone can make a mystery filled episode cliffhanger...but it's totally baselss if you don't explain the mystery later on in the series. I'm in lookout for a new show, so I'm curious if 114 episodes are really worth it? Or should I just skip this series?

I have watched all seasons of Lost, freaking 114 episodes & many extras in just a month time.
I will say that, if you are going to watch Lost, plz don't come with expectations.

Few characters are really freaking awesome :p
Season starts very well & grasp the user mind till end of 4th season. I have watched them whole night in spite of having ofc next day(s).

5th & 6th season shows that no more content left, just stretching the story.
& Yes Climax was so simple(unexpected) & i was expecting lots many question to be answered.

In short, you are welcome to watch Lost but plz dont get Lost !!

This week's Dexter was weird.
They killed off Isaac and the respective storyline. It wasn't bringing about much excitement anyways, but they made it seem to be an important part of this season. Now suddenly out of nowhere this arson guy comes towards the end. There has hardly been anything interesting going on with Laguerta's investigation. Dunno where this season is headed.

This week's Dexter was weird.
They killed off Isaac and the respective storyline. It wasn't bringing about much excitement anyways, but they made it seem to be an important part of this season. Now suddenly out of nowhere this arson guy comes towards the end. There has hardly been anything interesting going on with Laguerta's investigation. Dunno where this season is headed.

Exactly.. but someone said they have divided the storyline into 2 seasons this time i.e. 7th and 8th are together. Is that so @Gannu?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have been following a different approach this year.
Will only watch the episodes once the season concludes.

Have been watching Boardwalk Empire for a week now and am really impressed by the actibg and the direction.

I am waiting for American Horror Story S2 to conclude so I can watch them in one shot. I think only a select few's watching this show. :p

I am waiting for American Horror Story S2 to conclude so I can watch them in one shot. I think only a select few's watching this show. :p

i was the first to ask opinions about the show. nobody knew about it then(s1 just after the release of their first episode)

saw the first episode and it felt creepy. so just collecting them as they come.

I didn't like the way Dexter is going on. I'm almost sure this season will end with Laguerta finding some proof linking Dexter and Bay Harbor Butcher, and we'll have to wait until next season to find how this plays out.

For me, the first 2 seasons of Dexter are one of the best TV seasons ever, including all the other TV series. The 3rd season onwards it kind of went downwards, 4th was kind of decent but overtly dragged, 5th was fu-c-king awful, 6th was again below average, the 7th is average so far, lets see how the last 3 episodes pan out.

Watching American Horror Story S2 and it is creepy as hell. Loving each and every episode. I'm definitely going to watch all episodes in one go again.. probably a marathon session after a few months. Brilliant for the genre it is; quite difficult to make something really cringe-worthy without putting in unneeded screams and noises.

^^ I haven't seen S1 but now watching S2 and its got b-grade horror movie style of screenplay and story but in a way that makes it likeable.

Watching American Horror Story S2 and it is creepy as hell. Loving each and every episode. I'm definitely going to watch all episodes in one go again.. probably a marathon session after a few months. Brilliant for the genre it is; quite difficult to make something really cringe-worthy without putting in unneeded screams and noises.

Hi Sei, do you have the S1 for American Horror Story?? I want to watch this after reading the reviews here. Let me know. Thanks.

Freaky: Watch The Shield please. :p

EDIT: Done with Season 3 of The Shield and it was an amazing finale. Highlights of the season was Vic (as usual), Claudette and Curtis. Will take a short break before I resume with S4.

Just started watching Engernages which seems to get a lot of comparisons with The Shield.

Back