English TV series discussion

Ok so I figured out how Spartacus is...

1 Blood and Sand
0 Gods of the Arena
2 Vengeance
3 War of the Damned

Here Gods of the arena is a prequel right ? So my confusion is that I should watch in the order they were released. Essentially 1,0,2,3

Or I should watch as 0,1,2,3 ?

I need this confusion to be cleared out.

1 Blood and Sand
0 Gods of the Arena
2 Vengeance
3 War of the Damned

Here Gods of the arena is a prequel right ? So my confusion is that I should watch in the order they were released. Essentially 1,0,2,3

Or I should watch as 0,1,2,3 ?

You should watch in order 1,0,2,3. That way you'll understand the characters and story better as earlier mentioned by @blkrb0t

Last edited by a moderator:
So my confusion is that I should watch in the order they were released ..

You ALWAYS watch the content as they were released. Be it the movies or the sitcoms.

They are meant to be watched like that cuz that is the way the studio designed em to be. Even if that is not the case, the story unfolds in the manner to suit a particular layout and if you disturb the order, you ll be doing urself a great disservice.

Secondly, the reg audience saw the content like that too.. so you aint gonna be 'missing' out on anything that way.

I saw them as 0,1,2,3.
I even saw the Star Wars movies as 1,2,3,4,5,6.

So I would say it's your choice. I didn't feel like I missed something or like the experience was any less awesome.

I saw them as 0,1,2,3.
I even saw the Star Wars movies as 1,2,3,4,5,6.

So I would say it's your choice. I didn't feel like I missed something or like the experience was any less awesome.

I think the roles of Batiatus and his wife are more fleshed out in the Season 1, and the prequel assumes those who've viewed the earlier season to base the characters on. So I would suggest 1,0,2,3.

Watch them in the order in which they were aired.

Besides, I am not sure if you know this already - there is a LOT of blood, gore, violence and full-frontal nudity in almost all the episodes. Nudity is fine for most but too much of blood and gore may not suit some.

@Gannu

I am ok with all the things you mentioned, especially nudity :p
But yes i might not be always be able to see this series in my office bus. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking more along the lines of a 55" LED.
Was that for the nudity? :D

That reminds me of my friend. He had borrowed a movie DVD (Burnt DVD) from his friend. SO he sits with his family to watch it on a big screen.
To his embarrassment it turns out to be a hardcore PRON movie. Turns out his friend had given him the wrong DVD. People don't name tag their DVDs.
Imagine his embarrassment. :D

Was that for the nudity? :D

That reminds me of my friend. He had borrowed a movie DVD (Burnt DVD) from his friend. SO he sits with his family to watch it on a big screen.
To his embarrassment it turns out to be a hardcore PRON movie. Turns out his friend had given him the wrong DVD. People don't name tag their DVDs.
Imagine his embarrassment. :D

Although i don't have any such discs but there was a time i did have (isn't it obvious) and it was labelled SYSTEM TOOLS :p

Back