English TV series discussion

What a befitting end to Spartacus. The finale ended graciously. I was expecting a different end with the episode titled 'Victory', but after watching the finale, I think the title suited it rather perfectly. For all those who didn't find Liam to be a good Spartacus, try to watch this episode and you'd see a different side of him. It really kills me to bid farewell to this series, but it had to end someday. Hats off to the creator for taking such so many bold moves by creating this show.

What a befitting end to Spartacus. The finale ended graciously. I was expecting a different end with the episode titled 'Victory', but after watching the finale, I think the title suited it rather perfectly. For all those who didn't find Liam to be a good Spartacus, try to watch this episode and you'd see a different side of him. It really kills me to bid farewell to this series, but it had to end someday. Hats off to the creator for taking such so many bold moves by creating this show.
They really made a satisfying end, keeping actual history in mind. One other thing that I liked was the end credits, where they showed all the major characters since season 1 and really loved that Andy Whitfield is shown in the very last frame.

Summed up perfectly.

Liam stole the show in this episode. The ending credits sequence was lovely as well, perfect homage paid to Andy Whitfield. Haven't seen too many TV series out there as compared to other folks here but this series finale would take some beating. Adios to a great show!

Spartacus - a series ended graciously. As said above, the finale episode title was deceiving - gave different expectations - but what found was damn awesome. A great finale indeed. I'm gonna miss the show. \m/

Ok so it seems Spartacus show has ended right ? Which means I will now be procuring it. But I checked imdb and found one starting in 2010 which is war of the dammed and then there is something starting in 2011 gods of arena. I am confused about this.
How many seasons are there and when did it actually start ?

Ok so it seems Spartacus show has ended right ? Which means I will now be procuring it. But I checked imdb and found one starting in 2010 which is war of the dammed and then there is something starting in 2011 gods of arena. I am confused about this.
How many seasons are there and when did it actually start ?
S:Blood and Sand
S: Gods of the Arena
S:Vengeance
S:War of the Damned

@raksrules
Gods of the Arena is a prequel though, but it's better you watch it in second viewing (after Blood and Sand) as you'll understand the characters better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Done with Spartacus' series finale. Was okay but nothing like the first season finale. And it didn't quite end the way it was mentioned in the history.

Done with Spartacus' series finale. Was okay but nothing like the first season finale. And it didn't quite end the way it was mentioned in the history.
It did
[DOUBLEPOST=1365926106][/DOUBLEPOST]
Spartacus died but the Romans didn't find out, so in history it'll go down that he went missing, that's it. And slaves lost the war, that is shown in the end, so it matches up to the history. They showed the death of Spartacus because they wanted a dramatic ending.

The Finale of Shameless just blew my mind.It has to be the best of the three seasons of the series so far.there was one scene of William H. Macy and Emmy rossum which was pure awesomeness.Every single person in the series acted well. will be thankful forever to @dipen01 for the reco

To all the Tv-Show lovers, I request again,DO NOT MISS Shameless.No, Its Not Legal,Crime Sci-Fi or Comedy show,But its probably the best Family drama that u will ever watch,Like I have

Last edited by a moderator:
Spartacus died but the Romans didn't find out, so in history it'll go down that he went missing, that's it. And slaves lost the war, that is shown in the end, so it matches up to the history. They showed the death of Spartacus because they wanted a dramatic ending.

Yeah fits perfectly. Thanks for that!

Back