English TV series discussion

You guys give way too much credit to Whitfield, RIP. I say this with all due respect to the man.

In terms of intensity, I find both Whitfield and the current guy near about the same. Plus Spartacus was never about great acting. The first season storyline also delved deeper into the characters than the 3rd and 4th season. So i don't think Mcintyre got a reasonable opportunity to display his acting chops with the shallowly written last two seasons. Talking of which, can't wait for next week's series finale but in a bad way. Just wish to be done with the series as it's become a pale shadow of how it was in the first season.

And if anything, i miss John Hannah and his awesome swearing lines (shoo in the fantastic gladiatorial battles as well). Lastly, the best season of this series didn't even have Whitfield (Gods of the Arena).

Gods of the Arena indeed was the best season

Is HIMYM something you would recommend for girls / ladies ?
My wife has till now watched Lost, Hustle, Walking Dead, Dexter and currently she is watching Leverage and is already on season 2.
I am trying to find another series for her. Should i procure HIMYM ?

My wife has till now watched Lost, Hustle, Walking Dead, Dexter and currently she is watching Leverage and is already on season 2.
If she can handle Dexter, Walking Dead and Lost, then HIMYM will be a fun ride for her. I do recommend that show.

Completed American Horror Story Asylum. The finale was good, much better than the sucky finale that aired for season 1. As usual, Lange gave her best performance throughout. Looking forward for season 3 - Coven.

Got to resume Deadwood now. It was shoved aside for quite sometime now.

Gods of the Arena indeed was the best season

No two thoughts about that. Dustin Clare gave a phenomenal performance, got all of us to like him and in the end, GotA was the best of all the seasons that aired till date. But somehow the finale of the first season holds a special place in my heart. I just hope the finale will be a good one to an otherwise disappointing season.

I don't think they can top the finale of first season, they can't kill him as he went MIA, they can't kill Caesar, duh, and nothing can top that shield jump.

I don't think they can top the finale of first season, they can't kill him as he went MIA, they can't kill Caesar, duh, and nothing can top that shield jump.

Yeah after watching ROME, I was pretty sure he can't be killed this way. :p

@him2anshu

Put spoilers man. I have no idea what series you are talking about but from the looks of your reply it seems it requires spoilers.

Nah not a biggie. This was all a part of the history. And you will forget all these when you begin watching it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
She'll enjoy HIMYM , this season has more romance than comedy

Back