English TV series discussion

I personally feel HOUSE is overrated. The Eureka moment case solving is so true statement. Seems unbelievable everytime, every episode. Btw i have seen entire series of HOUSE.

Hmm these i haven't seen one is about bikers and one stars Timothy Olyphant as a bounty hunter iirc. How are these shows ?

I haven't seen them in its entirety. Saw a few episodes and paused them because other shows being aired at that time took priority. I am supposed to continue them anytime soon. A friend has seen all the three and highly rate them.

I will also recommend a slightly older but highly rated series - The Shield. Amazing cop drama! Please watch it if you haven't. The hangover of the series finale lasted on me for at least a week. :(

I personally feel HOUSE is overrated. The Eureka moment case solving is so true statement. Seems unbelievable everytime, every episode. Btw i have seen entire series of HOUSE.

Well that's off the radar then. Too many fav shows are ending/have ended/cancelled this year. Only Homeland and Boardwalk will live past 2013 along with some of the animated shows i watch.

HOUSE was not about case solving/healing people. It was always about the interaction between Dr House and other cast members and all the associated drama/emotions/feelings etc..

@psyph3r,
give it a try, you probably won't like it after a single episode but I was hooked after a few episodes. If you are watching it, at least finish a season before making an opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched the first episode of Supernatural yesterday. It was good. I liked the chemistry between the 2 brothers.

Out of the 11 episodes I watched so far, I found episode 7 'Hook Man' to be the most atmospheric and thrilling. People on IMDB board say that season 4 and 5 are the best. So looking forward to it.

BTW Luther looks like House MD took up a police job. Had watched the first episode of Season 1 last week.

Luther is a very cleverly designed story of a dysfunctional cop. Try to catch up with both the seasons, as it's not that long. The second season was awesome.

Fringe just got exciting once again .. had left it mid-way thru Season 2 but finished it yesterday. The Story has picked up once again.

The time travel episode was particularly good .. it is stories like this which make Sci-Fi special ..
Hope to see more deeply motivated episodes .. Season 3 has started out pretty strong.

Can someone recommend me a new tv show worth watching, a lot of the stuff coming out over the past two years have been mediocre excluding Person of interest, Homeland and GoT.
A friend recommended Suits but he also said the same thing that it's a little like House where the case is solved in Eureka moments in the last 5 mins. Anything else worth watching ? A lot of my fav shows are ending or have already ended.
Also is there any funny sitcom currently on - I stopped watching HIMYM years back along with TBBT (laughter track every minute is too damn irritating). What's the scene with British comedies these days ?

Justified !!! - Only other show currently on American TV that is on the level of Person of Interest
Hannibal - I am only 6 episodes in but am really liking it. Season 1 is complete.
Graceland - A bit like white collar. Looks like a very fun show as of now. (Only a few episodes are out)

Dexter next episode Preview 2

Turning out be a different sorts of mystery. Using Dexter as a shield, or pushing him towards getting caught? They should've played this card long back in previous seasons; would've preferred to see Dexter on the run this season.

@psyph3r Suits does have the eureka moments buts its nothing like House. They both belong to diff genres. Also there is a lot of strong arming in suits coz hey.. its a law based show...
If havent watched already watch White Collar too. Its premise is more or less like the movie "Catch me if you can"

Well that's off the radar then. Too many fav shows are ending/have ended/cancelled this year. Only Homeland and Boardwalk will live past 2013 along with some of the animated shows i watch.
I think you should give house a try. I got hooked on to it. yes it has those Eureka moments, but it is not those moments that you watch the show.
Its basically how House interacts with others, his behavior, his feelings and him being a cynic and how he reads people by his superb observation and deducing skills is what you get hooked on to. Of-course the suspense if the patients going to be saved or not is a important point too. Lot of times patients die. So it shows that House is not a GOD, he has his limits too. :)

I think you should give house a try. I got hooked on to it. yes it has those Eureka moments, but it is not those moments that you watch the show.
Its basically how House interacts with others, his behavior, his feelings and him being a cynic and how he reads people by his superb observation and deducing skills is what you get hooked on to. Of-course the suspense if the patients going to be saved or not is a important point too. Lot of times patients die. So it shows that House is not a GOD, he has his limits too. :)

I have seen House, i was referring to suits which follows a similar case solving formula :)

Has any one watched Entire Luther Series? I have Completed Watching Season1 Just now and i feel its much hyped the first 30mins of the episode is fine and Rest Goes No where.
will you Recommend me to watch Season 2 and Follow up with Running S3?

Has any one watched Entire Luther Series? I have Completed Watching Season1 Just now and i feel its much hyped the first 30mins of the episode is fine and Rest Goes No where.
will you Recommend me to watch Season 2 and Follow up with Running S3?
@Ethan_Hunt recommended it highly. I have seen the first 2 episodes of SO1 and I felt like House MD took up Police job. :)

Back