English TV series discussion

Dexter premier was good, definitely a great start; a beginning of the end. Good to see Batista back and given a better role; Debra seems more whiny, but that was to be expected. Also watched the preview to next episode, the twist is definitely interesting. Dexter is finally going to concentrate on what he's perfect at, but where will it lead to? Interesting times ahead, until Heisenberg's end begins of course.[DOUBLEPOST=1372713939][/DOUBLEPOST]
Its a discussion thread not a circlejerk .. and the show demands no more attention than any Indian Soap to watch.
True. Ignore the apologists, make your own opinions. There are good and bad things about every show, and some just find it better than others. I have some friends who don't like GoT or Mad Men, but that's their opinion. You can always discuss the reasons why it isn't bad or make rational arguments.

Dexter premier was good, definitely a great start; a beginning of the end. Good to see Batista back and given a better role; Debra seems more whiny, but that was to be expected. Also watched the preview to next episode, the twist is definitely interesting. Dexter is finally going to concentrate on what he's perfect at, but where will it lead to? Interesting times ahead, until Heisenberg's end begins of course.

Yeah the start is good. Hope the end is better.

And yeah, Science B*tch!

Caught the premier of dexter last night. It was really great and glad to see that they have maintained the quality for the final season as well.

Just saw the opening preview of Top Gear S20.

The TG production team does the best camera work ever seen on TV !! (Slight exaggeration)

The team is back to destroying trailers (caravans) .. !!

Completed few more episodes of Vikings. This show has now picked up pace and is headed in the right direction! Just three more remain to wind up the first season. Good portrayal of combat without excessive bloodshed (a la Spartacus) and no nudity either.

I absolutely loved the Norse mythology ever since my Age of Mythology days. :happy:

@Santa Maria! - you should give this a watch!

Last edited by a moderator:
I lost interest in Dexter somewhere in the mid of last season. But finished the season finally.
And S08E01 - just watched. I find it so-so. I guess I will watch all eps at one go sometime later.

Please check back a few pages, I posted a chuck review.

Zachary Levi is awesome.

EDIT : My bad, it was you only to whom I suggested chuck :p

I actually find Adam Baldwin (Casey) more funny :p Watched the S03 E01 after finishing S02 end. That seemed a bit patchy.

After 4 seasons of Entourage, i have to say this is a very good series. Just don't apply logic when watching, like how come Vince always has his way and how come he is broke but can still spend and how things automagically work for him.
Ari Gold by far has to be the most loved character in any TV series for me. I just wait for him to come on screen every episode. His acting and the way he reacts to when people frustrate him, his quotes and all are top notch.

After 4 seasons of Entourage, i have to say this is a very good series. Just don't apply logic when watching, like how come Vince always has his way and how come he is broke but can still spend and how things automagically work for him.
Ari Gold by far has to be the most loved character in any TV series for me. I just wait for him to come on screen every episode. His acting and the way he reacts to when people frustrate him, his quotes and all are top notch.
You would need to wait and watch for the underlined part.

I still miss the show so much, wonder when's the movie coming out.

Back