English TV series discussion

Re: Please suggest an english TV series

Sorry to barge into the thread this way , but when are the new eps. of PB and Heroes gonna start.... ? Anyone ?

Hmmmm.. The Wire eh.. 'll give a try shortly..

^^OMG. U still watch prison break? :p

Boston Legal is a must watch. James Spader and William Shatner are truly superb in it.

The ones I'm watching right now are Claifornication, Fringe and ofcourse the usual HIMYM, TBBT and Chuck

The ones I've got but still not watched are

Kyle, Mad men and 30 Rock

hanzy said:
Sorry to barge into the thread this way , but when are the new eps. of PB and Heroes gonna start.... ? Anyone ?

Heroes is already on :huh:

thexfactor said:
The ones I'm watching right now are Claifornication, Fringe and ofcourse the usual HIMYM, TBBT and Chuck

The ones I've got but still not watched are

Kyle, Mad men and 30 Rock

Heroes is already on :huh:

kyle was awesome in the first season.. second has been crappy :no:

I wonder how 30 Rock is not on this list

And despite the fact that Tina Fey is a bit annoying, Tracy Morgan and Alec Baldwin alone make the show absolutely worthwhile.... Amazingly hilarious stuff

hanzy said:

Prison Break Returns on 17th April, they have only 5 more episodes and then the series will end.

Prison Break - Home
Heroes New season has already started, it airs every Monday.
Started on 'The Wire' based on recos here

me likey :thumbup:

The Wire starts slow, it will take 3-4 episodes for you to get hooked to it. But once you are hooked, there is no looking back. It has some of the best character developments I have seen in any TV series. Season 2 is even better :D

Once you are done with The wire, give OZ a try. It is a prison drama. Prison break season 1 doesn't even come close to the OZ as far as potraying life in a prison is concerned.

Here is the IMDB link : "Oz" (1997)

sTALKEr said:
Started on 'The Wire' based on recos here :D

me likey :thumbup:

the wire is good in the beginning. then it starts to slide downhill, slowly at first but it hits mediocrity by the end. season 1 is a must watch though... and the show has some great characters like avon barksdale, stringer bell, omar little and others.

Watch "ELI STONE" This series has been stopped by ABC but IMO it was very nice and fresh...

Ones who like boston Legal must watch this.... Its quite refreshing and a little light and inspiring at some times...
Season 1 has 13 episodes and season 2 around 6 episodes...each one of them very good....

spindoctor said:
the wire is good in the beginning. then it starts to slide downhill, slowly at first but it hits mediocrity by the end. season 1 is a must watch though... and the show has some great characters like avon barksdale, stringer bell, omar little and others.

Yeah, season 5 is a bit dull compared to the rest of the series; almost as if they finally ran out of ideas and then took a whole season to finish it off. It does have its moments though, discussing which would just lead to some major spoilers.

chiron said:
Yeah, season 5 is a bit dull compared to the rest of the series; almost as if they finally ran out of ideas and then took a whole season to finish it off. It does have its moments though, discussing which would just lead to some major spoilers.

i thought it ran out of ideas well before that. what started as a gritty, realistic cop drama became unbelievable around season 3 (remember hamsterdam?) and it became downright stupid by season 5 (the 'murders'). i loved the wire during season 1 but the more i watched it, the less interesting it became.

If you like light hearted Animated Tv hows , check out - Southpark & American Dad . You may also look at The Simpsons , but its getting lamer and lamer.

Has anybody watched - Pushing Daisies ?

Disclaimer - I have, but would like others who did to comment.

Back