English TV series discussion

Re: Please suggest an english TV series

If you have a somewhat dry humor sense then you could try The Larry Sander's Show.

Re: Please Suggest an English TV series

Party Monger said:
I guess its subjective..
You can call heroes and terminator bad, but only by the standards they have set themselves, independently, they still kick ass:)

I know its subjective. I loved season 1 of Terminator, was very excited about the 2nd one. But somehow it did not feel as good as the previous one.

Let me tell you difference between Lost and others:

Heroes: Boring episodes here and there after season 2, Bringing Aurthur Petrelli was good but they somehow don't know how to finish it right. Powerful characters vanish in air and smaller ones linger. I still love the show though

Prison Break: Till second season it was awesome, 3rd season lost it completely. 4th recovered some. It should have finished on a high note after season 2. Rather than long vision story was fixed on small one episode. In short they could have done with whole season 3 in 1 episode.

TSCC: Awesome start, 2nd season has loose plot. Its going in same direction where Prison Break season 3 went.

Dexter: No complaints about this one, only betters my expectations :)

Now, LOST: It has only got better after every season. Seemed to slow down from time to time, but I think it was very just for the way they have built each character. Something which totally bowled me over was ending episodes of Season 3. Since then it hasn't looked back. Beats any other series out there in terms of storyline, mystery and drama they have created.

I remember a year back, Prison Break, Heroes and Lost used to come on the same day. Depending on whose last episode was most exciting I used to queue them up. I don't get the same excitement for TSCC 2nd season.

Switch said:
Big Bang Theory(Every god damm geek should watch it)

Just checked it out and pretty much all the guys in that series seem more gay than geek.

chiron said:
Just checked it out and pretty much all the guys in that series seem more gay than geek.

you have got to be kidding me :mad::mad:

TBBT = :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah: guaranteed

chiron said:

You know what will Sheldon say after reading that comment of yours.

Sheldon : "Hmmm... Chiron... Join date Feb 2006... No of Posts about 250+... You yourself don't qualify for being a geek so how can you pass a comment on our show :cool2:"

Arya said:
Thanks for the quote switch, not sure how i missed it.

IMO Terminator sucks big time. Apart from couple of episodes overall series has been bad. First season was okay, second is bad. I had to stop watching.

Heroes am not sure and I think even the producers have no idea where the story is going. But still it ranks far ahead of terminator.

Comedy shows don't qualify to be compared.

And yeah, unless you have watched LOST till 3 season, you don't qualify to compare any other show with it :tongue:

Agreed @ Terminator sucks! Heres the plot hole... Everything they do will have no meaning in the end because T4 is in production, and what ever happens in the series will end up as a "it was meant to be" because they involve time travel, and anything that involves time travel ends in a "its meant to be scenario" PHEW!

But i cant stop watchin it because the Terminator is soooo hot. I just have to turn my brains off, and watch her terminating other terminators, its just too hot!

n00b said:
Agreed @ Terminator sucks! Heres the plot hole... Everything they do will have no meaning in the end because T4 is in production, and what ever happens in the series will end up as a "it was meant to be" because they involve time travel, and anything that involves time travel ends in a "its meant to be scenario" PHEW!

But i cant stop watchin it because the Terminator is soooo hot. I just have to turn my brains off, and watch her terminating other terminators, its just too hot!

I hope for your sake that you aren't talking about Summer Glau here :no:

going a bit against the general mood but have u considered MASH. I still enjoy it.

sTALKEr said:
I hope for your sake that you aren't talking about Summer Glau here :no:

Oh jesus, now i finally have the name of my goddess.

Sorry for the OT, couldnt help it! :eek:hyeah:

Back