English TV series discussion

AMC new drama Halt and Catch Fire is looking really good. The first episode is online. I hope it evolves into something like Mad Men or Breaking Bad, but maintains its unique narrative.

Im still watching two and a half men, but only for alan. The alan/lyndsey/larry triangle is hilarious. I really hate the writers for giving Amber tamblyn such a pathetic sex crazed role. She is a talented actress and totally wasted in this disgusting role. While ashton kutcher is charming, he doesnt add anything to the show. Oh i so wish charlie would come back

"Homeland" is fantastic political thriller and "Suits" is another favourite of mine.

If you like crime drama then check out "The bridge" series from Denmark.

Started POI season 3. One thing i really like about this series is , the casting is near perfect. Sarah shahi(shaw) and amy acker(root) were virtually unknowns in popular tv space, but they have been brilliant in their roles. Also the supporting cast of fusco and joss and the whole HR unit is great as well. And elias is the coolest badass i have seen in a while. So calm ,so composed. Would have loved to be inducted under him if i were in the crime business.

Just finished the final episode of Twin Peaks and I'm really going to miss this show. Dam it, I should have waited for the Blu-Ray release and saved it for a rainy day. There is something about the atmosphere and the characters, which I suppose can't be re-created now. It had the whole late 80's feel, which is very distinct. Anyway, it was fun, entertaining and quite thrilling. The ending was completely wacky. For those who have watched the feature film 'Fire Walk with me', is it worth it?

Im still watching two and a half men, but only for alan. The alan/lyndsey/larry triangle is hilarious. I really hate the writers for giving Amber tamblyn such a pathetic sex crazed role. She is a talented actress and totally wasted in this disgusting role. While ashton kutcher is charming, he doesnt add anything to the show. Oh i so wish charlie would come back
Sorry wait, you think less of her acting just cause she plays "pathetic sex crazed role"? What does that even mean? Actresses that play "sex crazed roles" are "pathetic" and "totally wasted in this disgusting role" ? IMHO that's a very very narrow-minded way of thinking. Segregating her acting into roles with high sexual content and other wise. And how sex roles are "pathetic and disgusting" and not included in good acting or something that good actors should do.

Surprised nobody mentioned this before me. I thought this thread was the least of all places where i'd get to hear such a woefully wrong statement. Sigh.

Started POI season 3. One thing i really like about this series is , the casting is near perfect. Sarah shahi(shaw) and amy acker(root) were virtually unknowns in popular tv space, but they have been brilliant in their roles. Also the supporting cast of fusco and joss and the whole HR unit is great as well. And elias is the coolest badass i have seen in a while. So calm ,so composed. Would have loved to be inducted under him if i were in the crime business.
Wait till you get a load of John Greer and the actual machinations behind Vigilance in Season 3.

On another note just finished Broadchurch and I must say it felt better as a pure crime show than even True Detective.

The casting and the way on each episode you keep on changing your guess as to to whodunnit is far better on this show than True Detective which is more of a philosophical tour-de-force of the quintessential man who stands alone rather than a crime drama.

Started POI season 3. One thing i really like about this series is , the casting is near perfect. Sarah shahi(shaw) and amy acker(root) were virtually unknowns in popular tv space, but they have been brilliant in their roles.

Amy Acker was on Angel (for which she won an award and was nominated for another) while Sarah Shahi was on The L Word and Life. Neither of them was unknown in popular TV space.

Back